The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By Bluecube
- 30 hour work week is standard. Jobs would offer both a 5AM to 11AM shift or a 1PM to 7PM shift. (Restaurants, bars would have different shifts.)
- Traffic on roads reduced as there are half the commuters on road at same time (except at lunch time).
- Families wouldn't need daycare. One worker in morning shift, other in evening.
- Go-getters, renaissance people can manage having two full-time jobs in completely different fields.
- Stores are open when you're not working.
- Greater worker efficiency, satisfaction (fewer hours, better work).
- Lunch can be enjoyed at home as family.
- Businesses are open for longer hours, making it easier to get things done, across multiple time zones.
- People can enjoy a good part of the daylight hours.
- Companies need less rental space for same job.

Reward: My choice of shifts. A holiday called Bluecube Day.
By Michael D. Grissom
BlueCube for President!
BlueCube for President!
BlueCube for President!

I want to be your campain manager for the 11am to 7pm shift. ;-D
By Keith Whitaker
The only reason that your concept has not been realized in some form, is that it is not profitable to the wealthy.

It would be a fabulous thing and, I think, the vast majority of individuals would be behind it 100%.

The truth of the matter is that over the past half century, at least in the US, productivity has more than doubled. This means that it takes half the time to produce a full complement of goods and services. All workers could be working only 20 hours a week and earning the same amount of compensation, or, as in your example, be working 30 hours a week with a 50% raise.

The problem is that all of that increased productivity has been absorbed by the corporate and government bureaucracy in the form of profits and taxes.

Not only do they have a vested interest in making money, but the class-divided social structure that has haunted the human race all these many years is maintained, in part, by ensuring that as few people as possible have anything more than a few minutes a day to call their own. Too many people with too much time on their hands makes for too many creative and progressive ideas - and we all know how dangerous a little creativity can be...
By sneezyalex
I'll be your vice president! ;-D
Ha! ;-D
By R4Roger05
The only reason why most people work more than 30 hours a week is because they want to, they do it to make a living. People can currently choose to work as many hours as they like. Most people try their best to balance work and play in such a manner that yields a most happy existence. It is for the sake of their happiness that they work more than 30 hours a week. Some European countries have severely limited their economies by imposing such work regulations. Our free economy is the secret to America's success.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]