The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By AaronBurns
Why make plastic utensils when paper can be just as durable? It makes no sense to make something to be thrown away every time you use them, when they can be replaced by a cheaper, bio-degradable, environmentally sound product that would hold up to hours of use. Paper can have many uses, but this is the best one. They make the paper plate, but forgot to make the rest out of paper. The knife, the fork, the spoon, the spork and everything else,could be paper, and then we would have a set that would just rot and never cause a problem to us, ever.

You always see the plastic utensils, around the garbage cans where they are supposed to be inside and then, someone comes along and breaks it, making hundreds of little garbage, waste, pieces of plastic, that can never be collected and litter the ground forever. It is also not safe for animals to have plastic in their stomachs when they come to eat the garbage we leave behind. If everything was paper then it would all be digestable as well. It would solve so many problems that there isn't room to write them all here but, when you compare plastic to paper, you obviously know the right answer to the best choice. It's Paper Utensils!

Reward: Credit
By Michael D. Grissom
If you can find a paper product that's anywhere near as strong as plastic, this would be a really great idea. For a paper utinsil, even a laminated one, to be strong enough, it would have to be very thick which would feel clumbsy to eat with (un-natural).

Hey!... what about making the untinsils eadible out of something like hard candy which would also be biodegradable? Your choice; then you can either eat them for desert or throw them away. :))

The shell coating on the utinsils could be formulated to last throughout the meal without flavoring anything -- like M&M's only with a thicker coating. hmmmmm
By Barnaby
I think this a bad idea for the enviroment as if it was widely implemented there would millions more trees being chopped down to make temporary utensils when straightforward metal works just as well! :-C
By sneezyalex
They now have super hard plastic utencils you can use tons of times. Machine Washable too! ;-D
By Michael D. Grissom
Naaaaaaaaa... lets just go with iridium coated titanium utensils to be sure our great grand kids have something to eat with too. ;)
By sneezyalex
Ah! Just use your natural utencils. Your fingers! ;-D
Back in the day even royalty ate with fingers.
Depending on how high of rank you were it decided how many fingers you used.
Royalty and upper class: 3 Fingers
Peasents and middle and lower class: 5 fingers
By Rishi
sneezyalex wrote:Ah! Just use your natural utencils. Your fingers! ;-D
Back in the day even royalty ate with fingers.
Depending on how high of rank you were it decided how many fingers you used.
Royalty and upper class: 3 Fingers
Peasents and middle and lower class: 5 fingers
In India we still use them(Fingers). On special occasions when a large number of people have to be fed, we use fresh leaves of banana for plates and leaf cups for liquids. The leaves are from banana plants which have finished fruiting and will die anyway.

Usually there are enough cattle to consume the leaves afterwards, giving your next supply of milk. You can still buy milk virtually straight from the cow, which the owner will obligingly bring to your doorstep early in the morning in many parts of India. The cow dung (I am not bull-*beep*) is used to fertilize the crop. May be bananas for the next lot of plates. Some kind of total recycling.

Rishi
By sneezyalex
I saw that when I went to new Bangalore. They served it on a leaf. It was pretty neat! ;-D
By shank1548
I can't remember the name of the company but I do know that McDonalds was trialing sandwich containers that were made out of compressed stone material. It was supposed to be lightweight, fairly cost effective, and the bonding agents would degrade over time. If this can be done this way than why not the utensils.
By Rambo-Commando
Rishi wrote:The leaves are from banana plants which have finished fruiting and will die anyway.
Usually there are enough cattle to consume the leaves afterwards, giving your next supply of milk.
AMAZING !
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]