The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By mahtobedis
The Deluxe version of the Scrabble(R) brand word game has an annoying misfeature: at the end of the game, you spend ages picking each letter off the board (because each letter is in its own recessed spot on the board, and because the board doesn't fold in two, like the lower-tech original cardboard board). Turning the board over is a disaster because the letters go all over the place. Solution: a plastic cover that fits nicely over the board (and, ideally, would fit in the original box along with the game). The cover has an open corner so that when you invert the game, with the cover on it, you can pour all the tiles into the tile bag through the funnel-like corner.

Reward: One copy of the Deluxe Scrabble(R) game plus one copy of the tile collector.
By Steve
I assume you'd have to contact the manufacturer directly with this one. :-?
By mahtobedis
Well, perhaps. Before the deluxe version came out, a third party manufacturer used to make a turntable for the original game. Separately packaged and sold. I did notice that some boards didn't fit the turntable--and wondered whether this was a retaliatory measure!
By sneezyalex
I like that Idea. I'll tell my dad he has a contact in the company that makes scrabble.
By mahtobedis
Great! Just remember to ask your Dad to let the company know that I want my reward :-) !
By sneezyalex
mahtobedis wrote:The Deluxe version of the Scrabble(R) brand word game has an annoying misfeature: at the end of the game, you spend ages picking each letter off the board (because each letter is in its own recessed spot on the board, and because the board doesn't fold in two, like the lower-tech original cardboard board). Turning the board over is a disaster because the letters go all over the place. Solution: a plastic cover that fits nicely over the board (and, ideally, would fit in the original box along with the game). The cover has an open corner so that when you invert the game, with the cover on it, you can pour all the tiles into the tile bag through the funnel-like corner.

Reward: One copy of the Deluxe Scrabble(R) game plus one copy of the tile collector.
Question: If the tiles are in a recessed hole how do the tiles slide out?
By mahtobedis
Sorry, I should have made that clearer in the original post. The idea is that the cover fits on in such a way that there is some vertical space between the top surface of the cover and the board, enough so that when you turn it over, the tiles drop out of their little recesses, and fall on to the underside of the cover, and can then slide freely about because of that little gap (it just has to be, maybe, 50% bigger than the thickness of a tile). The plastic cover has to be made rigid enough, or the gap big enough, that the tiles don't get jammed due to warping. I imagine a plastic that is identical to the plastic that is actually used to form the surface of the deluxe board (which is some sort of clear, rigid moulded plastic).

If that isn't clear, I will try to draw a diagram. I will, however, be away for a week, so please don't expect an immediate response.
By sneezyalex
My request got turned flat. :-P
They sent me this.

As you can imagine, we receive many inquiries regarding new product idea submissions, and while we appreciate interest in our company, we must advise that we do not accept any unsolicited submissions for review.

For many years it has been and remains our company's policy to decline offers to consider unsolicited external ideas or suggestions. We depend on our employees and other organizations with whom we deal on a regular basis for such ideas. Also, the toy and game industry has had the unfortunate experience of law suits being filed by individuals who allege misappropriation of their ideas as a result of a company's consideration of even the most general concept. We simply cannot assume such risks. Therefore, we do not encourage the submission of ideas by individuals who are not directly associated with our company or its agents.

You may wish to contact a toy and game broker or the industry's trade association, Toy Manufacturers of America. Such a broker introduces and helps sell the concepts/prototypes or other inventions to the broker's personal contacts at various toy and/or game manufacturers. While we cannot make a specific recommendation, and DO NOT ENDORSE ANY PARTICULAR BROKER ON THE LIST, you may call 1-800-242-7276, ext. 7011 to request a list of names and addresses of toy brokers who have given their permission to release their names. Alternatively, there is a similar list of brokers in the "Who Makes It Directory" issue of Playthings magazine each year from which you may wish to make a selection.

The Toy Manufacturers of America is located at:
Toy Manufacturers of America
1115 Broadway
New York, NY 10010-2803
USA

Their telephone number is (212) 675-1141, option 6. They may be able to refer you to brokers who are members of the organization.

We wish you the best of luck with your endeavor.

Sorry I could not help you. Best of luck. ;-D
By Jack Nobbz
honestly, just - what. really, what. i'm laughing so hard.

get a 50k bank loan and register a company name, guys, we're in business!
By xanado
I never imagined that there was a toy mafia!

"Don't talk to us we don't want to hear you, talk to that nice gentleman who will take all the credit and sell us the idea at the price we want to pay because he works for us anyway"

This is complete bull**it!!
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]