The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By lexxy_pie
Ads are popping up everywhere these days. Why not advertise on the back of homeless peoples' clothes? They have great exposure, as they're up and about all day, everyday!

Everyone wins: the homeless get free clothing and a stipend; advertisers get exposure; your company will get a charitable tax receipt on top of all profits!

Apartment advertisers would definitely win!

Reward: A chance to get into heaven after kicking all those innocent puppies last Wednesday.
By bgin
I can't believe this hasn't taken off yet !!! Great Idea my kudos to ya. This has lots and lots of potential ;-D
By Michael D. Grissom
I AGREE!!! ...with one exception. In order to collect, they would have to remain homeless to remain visible. I think it still beats the alternatives though so --> GREAT IDEA!!!
By bgin
I would love to see a holiday inn ad that said something like "stay at holiday inn or you could end up here!" like I said before endless possibilities
By SirpaKristina
Do you think the homeless would feel stigmatised? Or do you feel that what ever improves their situation is acceptable?
I believe that a British company Body Shop tried to make their vendors to wear a particular outfit but there were no takers. I believe the test was done in LA. Body Shop owns a magazine brand called "The Big Issue" and all their vendors are unemployed and/or homeless people. They can keep part of the profit they get by selling the magazine in the streets.

However I believe that being homeless is an issue which has to be in people's minds everyday so that something positive can be done to solve the problem.

Regards,
SirpaKristina[/b]
By idea_god
After i read this here for the first time, i tried to associate this with another idea of mine, and did some reserach on it. Its a nice thought, but think of what kind of a product would want to associate itself with someone socially deprived ?

Why do people want to or dream to wear the Gucci's ? Because rich and famous wear it. Do you think Nike or Adidas would want homeless people to wear their shoes...the day they do.. people might say...Nike and Adidas is not worth it..,.every other man on the road wears it...why is it special then ?

Brands are very careful of whom and what they associate themselves with, so i doubt this will work. But a nice thought indeed. Keep up the good work

Ash
By Steve
Today I joked with a friend of mine that ice cream companies should deifnitely want to have their logo displayed on the object of desire in oral sex *beep* movies (after all, this is the theme that most ice cream advertisements are actually based on - more or less subconsciously in some ads, but all in all pretty obviously). The reason I'm mentioning this is that "every" company has an ideal setting that drives the message home - in this particular case, Gucci would obviuosly be the wrong choice, but I'm confident that there are other companies or products that would definitely enjoy the chance.
By idea_god
You might be right, but just out of curiousity, i would love to have some examples, just to know what might really work with this.
Thanks
By sneezyalex
That is not very nice or humane. :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P
By sneezyalex
That's nice. ;-D[/url]
By The_Wise
Are you people serious?
I'm oviously a much more left compared to most other people here; human bill boards? I don't really believe the homeless should be treated as human telephone posts, and let alone allow corporations to get involved with the people who need the most help in our society (they are involved and have ruined towns and peoples lives ie.Mexico, SAm,Afr..etc). They are on the streets because of the 'corporation', which creates a society where people are exuberantly rich and extremly poor.
If anything, the brand names should be donating money to these people, because they are human beings. It can't all be about profit, we are in this together.
By Steve
The_Wise wrote:Are you people serious?
I'm oviously a much more left compared to most other people here; human bill boards? I don't really believe the homeless should be treated as human telephone posts, and let alone allow corporations to get involved with the people who need the most help in our society (they are involved and have ruined towns and peoples lives ie.Mexico, SAm,Afr..etc). They are on the streets because of the 'corporation', which creates a society where people are exuberantly rich and extremly poor.
If anything, the brand names should be donating money to these people, because they are human beings. It can't all be about profit, we are in this together.
Interesting point. In fact it came to me when I first read the original idea. Obviously, this idea is about dignity. Should the homeless sell out their dignity to corporations? Or should they rather die/starve in "dignity"? Still not sure if this would be an advertising model that companies would actually be attracted to - but if they are, why not support what works? :-?
By The_Wise
No it's not a matter of dignity, it's matter of morals and ethics. Why should the homeless be made part of a corporation's master plan so that they can get helped? I'm sure many of the large companies can shed a few million each to better the lives of others, and we're human beings...what's a few million to them?
By Rishi
It is not a question of morals or ethics. If it is gainful employment it is dignified. Walking 'Sandwitch Bill Boards' are not unknown. Why bring in homeless into this. This is an employment opportunity that can be made available at the doer's choice. How does the viewer know that the person is homeless unless it is proposed to 'advertise' that fact as part of the bill board.

This is not degrading like making a scavenger carry night soil on his head as happenned till quite recently in some parts of India.

The 'Homeless' is not being forced to do the suggested advertising job.

If anonymity is needed, let the bill board be large enough to cover the person completely. He can see his way through eyeholes much like the Mickey costumes worn at amusement parks or even product promos.

By the way, if that is dignified, why is a bill board not?

Wages earned out of honest work is always dignified. Who knows? If he earns enough the person may cease to be homeless.

Rishi
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]