The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By todpunk182
My mom is constantly giving me her coffee to reheat in the microwave. I propose inventing a thermal cup that could be digitally set to any temperature hot OR cold and that's what temperature the liquid inside it would stay! No more reheating coffee or chilling milk!

Reward: recognition
By MPSAtenza
:-[ well... isnt that cup gonna be kinda bulky if we were to integrate such smart digital devices? and from what sources do you get the energy to drive the devices.
By Rishi
todpunk182 wrote:My mom is constantly giving me her coffee to reheat in the microwave. I propose inventing a thermal cup that could be digitally set to any temperature hot OR cold and that's what temperature the liquid inside it would stay! No more reheating coffee or chilling milk!

Reward: recognition
As a first option one of the many vacuum flask based mugs that are freely available in the market can be tried.

These keep the contents hot or cold for a few hours. They are passive and dont need external power.

rishi
By mauraleigh
I wouldn't try to have one device that could keep beverages hot OR cold. There is such a thing as a mug warmer to keep beverages warm, though they don't have temperature controls. I saw one at a drug store for 4 or 5 dollars. I think I also recall instructions on instructables.com for making your own USB powered mug warmer. I often see potpourri or gravy warmers in thrift stores for $2-$5, if you can find a mug to fit in one of those (maybe in some water), that might work. I just submitted an idea for a plug-in thermostat switch with a wireless sensor idea. If someone ever makes it, you could use it with another appliance to keep it from heating a beverage too much.

To keep beverages cold get some reusable ice cubes. They are little plastic shapes filled with water that you freeze in the freezer.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]