The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By sebin
Most of us change our toothbrush when the bristles get damaged after lot of brushing. So here is the idea - in this toothbrush we can detach the old bristle head and attach a new bristle head to the stem of the toothbrush. When somebody want to market this here is how to do it--this whole case consits of toothbrush along with two or three detachable bristle head. So how is it? If it's already present before then somebody market it in India got a huge market for it.

Reward: put a low price tags for this toothbrush so everyone can buy
By netasha
hey its a shame its not on the market in india because sad to say its kind of old over here. we have the electric toothbrush that runs off of batteries (does all the work for you) and they come with an extra toothbrush head or you can purchase them seperatley
By shari
We do get those in india, but not as inexpensive as sebin wants. The replaceable bristles are priced at 50% the cost of the motorized brush holder. I guess that is how they make their money :-)
By sebin
iam not telling for an electrified tooth brush but for an ordinary one which could be much cheaper and production cost is less......if you find about that plz inform me
By mandyslade
This probably doesn't exist because the cost of producing the replacement bristle piece would likely be roughly the same as to manufacture a whole new toothbrush and they would have to sell it for less.
By Steve
mandyslade wrote:This probably doesn't exist because the cost of producing the replacement bristle piece would likely be roughly the same as to manufacture a whole new toothbrush and they would have to sell it for less.
Hm... :-? Good point, in fact it may even be higher. Think of the mechanism needed to connect the two parts. Then again, inventing an uncomplicated and cheap mechanism would simply have to be part of the invention. ;-)
By Nicklshort
I ran across this idea while lurking on this site...what about if the bristles were mounted on a plastic disk that slid into a grooved cutout on the head of the toothbrush? There could also be a hinged "cap" which would lock the disk in place. Don't know about the costs involved but it would put less plastic in landfills and the remaining handle could be sterilzed from time to time. BTW...I use an electric toothbrush and the replacement heads are expensive. I would love it if they could cut that cost!
By Rishi
Steve wrote:
mandyslade wrote:This probably doesn't exist because the cost of producing the replacement bristle piece would likely be roughly the same as to manufacture a whole new toothbrush and they would have to sell it for less.
Hm... :-? Good point, in fact it may even be higher. Think of the mechanism needed to connect the two parts. Then again, inventing an uncomplicated and cheap mechanism would simply have to be part of the invention. ;-)
The forefinger is still the only tooth brush used in most of rural India. Probably a thimble with bristles, which can be slipped on to the fore finger can be an option, Excellent biofeed back to reach crevices etc. That way the holder is always available.

rishi
By Steve
Rishi wrote:
Steve wrote:
The forefinger is still the only tooth brush used in most of rural India. Probably a thimble with bristles, which can be slipped on to the fore finger can be an option, Excellent biofeed back to reach crevices etc. That way the holder is always available.

rishi
Nice idea. :-)

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/5636405.html
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/5287584.html
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]