Obsessed by the improvements of StarTrek and the fourth millennium, while feeling restricted by the limits of today's technology or that boring second law of thermodynamics? Just let your imagination flow - you needn't be Scotty to beam your thoughts in here!
By Davey C
I hope that one day medical science will progress to the stage where u can buy heightened senses or added features. For instance, you could buy new eyes with inbuilt binoculars that could zoom in and out with thought. Also inbuilt night vision for soldiers. They look like normal eyes, they work like normal eyes, but they have tiny microchips inside that are attached via nerves to the brain!

Reward: The first human guinea pig :-P
By AaronAgassi
In the mean time, how about binoculars that monitor your eyes and how they are trying to focus, in order to then zoom in and out?
By minasmir
Researchers at Texas Medical in Huston are doing research right now using macaque monkeys. They are studying blood flow peaks in monkey brains in response to color, in the hopes of one day being able to develop a prosthetic device that would enable blind people to see (think La Forge from Star Trek)

For more info:

<a href="http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/science/01 ... index.html" target="_new">Click Here</a>
By Michael D. Grissom
My money is on Biogenetic engineering for this one. When everythings DNA is decoded, scientist will NOT be able to resist taking all the best of everything in nature and combining it to make super humans with functional eagles wings, bones, and eyes, an ants strength, endless life span, 100% use of our brain, etc.

If you think job security is bad now -- just wait til these things start crawling out of test tubes by the millions or, will we get hit by an asteroid before that? This is the Sci-Fi group, right?
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]