The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By Michael
A conventional computer plays lasers over dots of phosporus chemicals on the inner surface of the monitor screen to form pictures (basically). what if you used a grid pattern of wires like on a circuit board, and had electrically responsive phospors, then the screen coud be almost as thin as a page in a book.

Reward: A new computer.
By jammer22
As of this day, we are facing a problem with regards to space. Your idea is a solution to the deteriorating space problem. When your idea will be realized or put into action, it will certainly economizes space for the sole reason that the computer will be as thin as a page in a notebook.
By Michael D. Grissom
That opens up a whole new can of worms...
Attachments
Paper Thin Monitors...
Paper Thin Monitors...
_PaperMonitor_C.jpg (21.38 KiB) Viewed 6439 times
Last edited by Michael D. Grissom on Sun May 11, 2003 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By maj2k3
Sorry to dissapoint you guys but the UK has already created this invention last year this screen is thin as a piece of paper, can be folded and put in your pocket and you can buy little things that go with it like a little computer just consisting of a couple of drives and a internet connection this weighs half the weight of a bag of sugar you can also buy a little box like thing which makes this futuristic "piece of paper" act as a portable TV oh yeah did i mention this thing is touch screen with a on board keyboard if i had a scanner i could mail a newspaper article to all of ya to prove it.
By Michael D. Grissom
No need for a scanner, the newspaper article should give names, places, and companies involved which I will gladly search out on the internet and post here for everyone to see -- especially me. I've been waiting a long time for someone to succeed in doing paper thin screens. I hope I'm not too late in responding and you haven't thrown out that paper yet.
By lamine
Wow! Sounds cool! I can already imagine people buying a newspaper once and for all and just paying a subscription. A nice wireless modem with a thin memory, would help update the pages every day once the newspaper headquarters "emits" through the internet "today's edition"... Fantastic!
By Michael D. Grissom
I just saw this idea on cable TV and they have it down to the thickness of 3 sheets of paper. They are working on a version that is thin enough to be folded. Gee,.. I wonder if my paper airplane monitor above will serve as "prior art". ;)
By sebin
Organic LEDs(google search ) are the future of computer screens or may be Newspapers where pictures are not static but dynamic
its already done guys sorry to to say this
By Rishi
Michael D. Grissom wrote:I just saw this idea on cable TV and they have it down to the thickness of 3 sheets of paper. They are working on a version that is thin enough to be folded. Gee,.. I wonder if my paper airplane monitor above will serve as "prior art". ;)
MDG,
You can give nightmares to any IT R&D major. Imagine an email delivered as an air(plane)mail complete with monitor!

I saw a news item in a trade journal in India that Siemens exhibited a cell phone which projects a full sized virtual QWERTY keyboard on any flat surface and another with a built in LCD projector that projected not only the key board but the display as well.

These were on view at the CeBIT 2005 IT Expo at Hannover, Germany. I will not put it past you to make a virtual plane out of the virtual keybord as well.

rishi
By Stewie123
but how fast will the fram rate be, I dont want to have a computer with a bad fram rate, it would just not cut it for me
By acefreak
I'm not exactly how this all works, but i know there are people at Arizona State University that are developing a fold-able LCD GPS/map to be used in the military and even someday with the average citizen. It would be made of some kind of durable, flexible material that would project a map that is connected via satellite, then when done can be folded up and stored in a back pack.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]