The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By sebin
I wish they make all the automobiles, planes, trains all transparent. The production cost will be cheap because the whole body could be moulded from one big plastic rather than going for aluminium or steel.
Just imagine the view from a trasparent airplane it will be great, and the pilots will know what's happening in the passenger car. Some areas should be covered like bathrooms and some other places etc. This is quite a weird idea, many people prefer privacy but this is for those who don't.

Reward: free travel passes
By majidshaikh
yeah i think its a good idea but what happens if the plane or any other vehicle crashes
By majidshaikh
Oooh just thought just before i go to work, how about scrapping the idea of having a whole transparent vehicle how about having the cockpit of vehicles lined with some sort of film that can display images from tiny cameras placed all around the vehicle for instance you look behind you to see whats behind you imagine parking youd see the kerb the car youre about to smash, n be able to cut the rear end of your vehicle so that you can see the whole situation from another level just from staring at the world through ya rearview.....spooky im listenning to tupacs song right now staring at the world through my rearview.
By A_Guy_Outta_Ideas
["majidshaikh"]Oooh just thought just before i go to work, how about scrapping the idea of having a whole transparent vehicle how about having the cockpit of vehicles lined with some sort of film that can display images from tiny cameras placed all around the vehicle for instance you look behind you to see whats behind you imagine parking youd see the kerb the car youre about to smash, n be able to cut the rear end of your vehicle so that you can see the whole situation from another level just from staring at the world through ya rearview.....spooky im listenning to tupacs song right now staring at the world through my rearview.

I can see a problem or two, what about while you're going down the expressway at 70 mph and you are watching your rear end (no pun intended) more than the front end of the car. Also, expense, I think it's cool thinking but just not entirely fesable.
By Stewie123
yea I was thinking the same thing but with a boat that is made compleatly out of plexy glass :-)
By Stewie123
but wouldn't the plastic break over the frtiction of the tires on the road, or the plan start to deteriat as its going at top speed, and how much can it hold. it would have to be a privet jet.
By Shankhs
well since you dont prefer any privacy, here is an creative idea for you, make a pair of transparent underwears along with your plastic dress so you know what is going on.[/b]
By Rooks
The body would still have to be modular. You could not make one big mold. Metals like titanium still have a better weight to strength ratio so aircraft might be too heavy. A car body/aircraft fuselage must have the ability to flex or cracks can form from stress weakening the overall structure. If it were Plexiglas your car would be dangerous in an accident unless you used a clear semi rigid plastic like the plastic they use on Saturn doors… only clear. It is late and I may not be thinking clearly but maybe I can suggest an extremely expensive clear metal called clear titanium oxide. They can only make tiny amounts of it now but in the future they might be able to make a super clear version of this metal car body. In addition, carbon nanotubes may make plastics strong enough to have a better strength to weight ration than metals.
By Redteen
ok... Imagine yourself taking off in a plastic airplane, ok. You look out your window and see the plastic plane begin to melt from the intense heat from the jet engines. Then what?

I know what we should do! Make rockets out of plastic to! Thats as smart as making planes plastic. I'm not trying to be mean or rude, but we need a stronger transparent material.
By swimmer
not all pastics are weak . there are types than can handle 300 degree .

and there are fibergalces than can handel 700 degree , there are much material trasparent .

i would agree on the evrythin transparent idea only if it will be applyied on wemen cloth as a new fashion .
By Skittles
swimmer wrote:not all pastics are weak . there are types than can handle 300 degree .

and there are fibergalces than can handel 700 degree , there are much material trasparent .

i would agree on the evrythin transparent idea only if it will be applyied on wemen cloth as a new fashion .
Yes, but the heat of jet engines get waaay hotter than 700 degrees, celcius or fahrenheit.
Also, plastic would be highly uncomfortable as clothing. ;-D
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]