The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By twichymcblnkstr
I've been thinking about this for some time. The potential is quite good but never the less I would like feedback about it. Here goes: i myself play the guitar and I feel the urge every once and a while to just take it out and play but those times come when I'm on a subway train or at school. The idea I plan is for a glove like device with maybe some kind of sensor on the finger tips which allows you to simulate plucking strings on one hand and fingering chords or individual strings on the other. A small device which controls the sound and sensors could possibly attach to a belt or backpack. Of course headphones should be used. It could be considered air guitar, but with sound. As a way to produce the sound the way your fingers touch your palm or are positioned in your hand could be an option. Though it may be considered cumbersome research could reduce the size and still be able to play effectively. Critisizm is much appreciated.

Reward: get a free product
By Stewie123
yea I was think of somthing like taht also, but the speakers would be right in the guitar and you can walk around town or somthing, not having to carry an amp.
By twichymcblnkstr
I had an idea that you would have headphones, if that's what you're talking about. And the console, or the device attached to your belt or back pack, would resemble something like an I-pod. On it would be a small display screen and choices of different stringed instruments. Another addon feature would be a network like attachment that would allow you to play with two or more friends and each on hears what the other is playing. This can make for a great jam time even while sitting next to some old lady on the subway. After a little thought I've decided that the glove would mimic fingering the strings but each finger would represent a string, and though you only have five finger s to six strings I'd think five would be enough, and the sensor would pick up the movement on almost any solid surface. The strumming could come from the player slapping his palm or hand in general on a solid surface. This would allow for easy change from strumming to fingering.
By Stewie123
or insted of being an electric guitar it can be a bass that only has 4 strings :-?
By twichymcblnkstr
well if it goes well the thing could be modifiable. This means that with the same product you can modify it so it is a bass or even a small drum set. The bass drum can be set to a pounding of your fist against something. And even further it can be turned into a piano or keyboard but you use a certain range preset into the console that allows you to tap your fingers on a solid surface to make the sounds.

And with this mod system you can have a group of kids, band members, on their way to class or school jamming out. One with a bass, another with a guitar and a third with drums. It would definitely make study hall way more interesting.
By probass16
ok, good concept, but a few things wrong with it. you would have nothing to reference what string you're plucking, you can only think that in your mind. you would have to have something solid to put your hands on. if you have headphones and you're getting all into it, then people will think you're insane (granted this has not stopped me from doing things before). they do make guitars and bass guitars that are smaller and have amp's in them. they don't sound very good, but it's something. as a bass player of 5 years, i too have this erge, but i just go through riffs in my head, or listen to my MP3 player. it's just enough to get me throught the day. you could just have 2 independent pieces that you hold in your hands, but there are a lot of problems with that too. keep thinking of stuff though, i'm looking for a solution to this problem too.
By probass16
when i say solid thing to put your hands on, i mean something that resembles the strings of a bass or guitar. and as a bass player, using a finger per string would not work. you have to have 2 fingers to walk on the string to play anything decent. and i could not slap, or thumb pluck on it. it would just tease me with rock and other simple stuff, and eventually get on my nerves (i don't like being teased). the system would be expensive to the point where you would have to be sure that you like the instrument, which takes a while. and by that time, you're pretty good, and you wouldn't be able to play your level of songs on it. therefore teasing them all.
By BonnieMacD
probass16 wrote:when i say solid thing to put your hands on, i mean something that resembles the strings of a bass or guitar. and as a bass player, using a finger per string would not work. you have to have 2 fingers to walk on the string to play anything decent. and i could not slap, or thumb pluck on it. it would just tease me with rock and other simple stuff, and eventually get on my nerves (i don't like being teased). the system would be expensive to the point where you would have to be sure that you like the instrument, which takes a while. and by that time, you're pretty good, and you wouldn't be able to play your level of songs on it. therefore teasing them all.
The only problem I see with it is that it's just not a guitar. When you're playing guitar, you really have to feel at least something that resembles the guitar in feel to get it right. Otherwise, you're practicing the wrong thing and it won't necessarily help build technique. This would have to be one incredible system to mimic the properties of a real guitar.
Just my 2 cents.

Bonnie
By Amelia_ott
I think it is a good idea. Lots of money could be made off it. Music stores, including many people would buy this product. I dont play the guitar myself, but my brother, and friend do. And I think it would make a good Christmas gift. If it was real. I think it would be somewhat complicated to make though. A few years of research and that hooblah.
By Rishi
The ubiquitous cell phone already has most of the technology. It can link together a group. Bluetooth tech permits wireless headphones, the video/audio amp is built-in. It should be a simple matter to fit a flip out back with real strings which can then be your guitar.

It shoul not prove too expensive.

rishi
By swimmer
WHATERVER INSTRUMENT MADE . IT SHOULD HAVE THE SIZE OF THE GUITAR , AND A FEASABLE TECHNOLOGIE TO SUCCEED . SO I DONT THINK ANY SOLUTION IS POSSIBLE NOW .

YOU HAVE TO TAKE UR GUITAR WITH YOU .

IN THE FUTUR "REALITY GRAPHIC SENTUAL SIMULATOR" CAN MAKE U SENSE THAT U ARE PLAYING THE GUIATR IN THE TRAIN , BUT U WILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR THAT .

FOR NOW , IF U CONSIDER TAKING UR GUITAR WITH U . U NEED AN MP3 PLAYER LOOKING DEVICE , WITH A LINE IN AND DIGITAL EFFECTS . SO U WOUL PUT THE EARPHONES AND HEAR THE EFFECTS THROUGH IT .
By Steve
swimmer wrote:WHATERVER INSTRUMENT MADE . IT SHOULD HAVE THE SIZE OF THE GUITAR , AND A FEASABLE TECHNOLOGIE TO SUCCEED . SO I DONT THINK ANY SOLUTION IS POSSIBLE NOW .

YOU HAVE TO TAKE UR GUITAR WITH YOU .

IN THE FUTUR "REALITY GRAPHIC SENTUAL SIMULATOR" CAN MAKE U SENSE THAT U ARE PLAYING THE GUIATR IN THE TRAIN , BUT U WILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR THAT .

FOR NOW , IF U CONSIDER TAKING UR GUITAR WITH U . U NEED AN MP3 PLAYER LOOKING DEVICE , WITH A LINE IN AND DIGITAL EFFECTS . SO U WOUL PUT THE EARPHONES AND HEAR THE EFFECTS THROUGH IT .
PLEASE DO NOT SHOUT AT US!

Thanks you. ;-)
By swimmer
sorry .
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]