The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By Soul
I had this idea about some stylish headgear that can be worn as a cap and would resonate a certain frequency or magnetic wave that would repel rain around your body at a set range. You could walk in a storm and not get wet, that would be so cool...

Reward: Free invisible umbrellas for my friends and family...
By aiti
It's a very intellegent idea, but i think it will influence your body because 70% of ur body is water. ;-)
By Soul
Hi Aiti, I was thinking about a device that could resonate a wave around the body, kind of a shield that won't touch the body, and not only repel water but any solids measured in a certain weight ( maybe milligrams ), it will allow anything that exceeds a certian weight to pass through, like your hands but will block out small solids and all liquids like dust and rain.
By Keith
So a "force field" then basically? :-?

Hmm... you'd have to take a very interesting approach to this... might be able to pull it off, but the power source to run it would probably be too extreme to carry around. :-o

What might be another way around this problem?
By Soul
Hi Keith, that would be the perfect word "Force Field", do you think that this force field could be created using magnetic tech?
By Rishi
Keith wrote:So a "force field" then basically? :-?

Hmm... you'd have to take a very interesting approach to this... might be able to pull it off, but the power source to run it would probably be too extreme to carry around. :-o

What might be another way around this problem?
If such a 'Force Field' were possible beyond the realm of SF any one of the defence labs around the world would have done it by now. It would have also find its way to mall entries.

PerhapsThe closest approach realizable immediately, is an air curtain used at mall entrances to keep out dust and keep in airconditioning. But as you say, the equipment will be heavy, unwieldy, and expensive.

Going on from the name 'Invisible Umbrella' suggested by soul, why not do just that? There are many very transparent, very tough polymers developed for aero-space applications. One can design a head worn thin (almost invisible) umbrella that can come down a little below the shoulders, yet leave the hands free.

rishi
By Hipmaster222215
Good idea an' all, but it would be a lot easier to put a "force field" that light would go around on the headgear or unbrella. In like 10 years, that can be possible, seeing that scientists have been able to do things like that with microwaves.
By spannerintheworks
well since u mentioned it.. I too have a similar idea shall we say on a much grander scale.

Well water is limited resources.. and water that falls into the ocean is a waste..

So what we build are these huge forcefield generators to collect water

They will be be strong enough to channel water. In a sort of upside down pyramid field. Each one would cover 5 sq km

Defence probably wont have it.. we arn't trying to stop a missile or some explosion from damaging an object.

We are merely projecting a field strong enough to re-direct water.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]