Submissions that have been rejected by the Creativity Pool. - The Docks aren't necessarily the final destination, if a broken idea gets fixed it may travel to a more appropriate category.
By christopher mcinnis
My invention is a transparent cover that goes over the license plate of a vehicle. This products works as a shield that completely blocks and scrambles a traffic officers attempt to track your speed when they hit you with a radar speed gun.
By Steve
How should it work - #1 technically, and #2 without getting you in deep trouble? :-?
By dmacdonald95
If I might elaborate on this...

Laser speed guns work by measuring light off their infrared sensors and how long it takes to get back to it's destination. If you wanted to make it work you'd need to make a transparent covering that would also reflect the light and allow it to bounce around for a bit (Problem #1) and then send it back to it's destination (Problem #2) without it being easily visible to the traffic cop (Problem #3).

And about the getting in trouble: You're on you're own :-D
By Steve
dmacdonald95 wrote:If I might elaborate on this...

Laser speed guns work by measuring light off their infrared sensors and how long it takes to get back to it's destination. If you wanted to make it work you'd need to make a transparent covering that would also reflect the light and allow it to bounce around for a bit (Problem #1) and then send it back to it's destination (Problem #2) without it being easily visible to the traffic cop (Problem #3).

Sure, but the cops are measuring the speed of the entire car, not just of the license plate. So for it to work the entire car would have to be coated with the transparent covering, no? :-?
By Rishi
Steve wrote:
dmacdonald95 wrote:If I might elaborate on this...

Sure, but the cops are measuring the speed of the entire car, not just of the license plate. So for it to work the entire car would have to be coated with the transparent covering, no? :-?
Sort of 'stealth car'? Radar evasive coatings are available. May not be attractive to look at.

rishi
By Steve
Rishi wrote:Sort of 'stealth car'? Radar evasive coatings are available. May not be attractive to look at.

rishi
Would be interesting to know if taking your F-117A out on the highway is legal. :-D
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]