The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By igordworkin
On dvd, an entire day of tv from a day in the 50's or 60's. Commercials and all. Let's say nyc market. Lots of us old baby boomers from there. I know I was a tv addict. The old cartoons gigantor, astroboy, and 8th man. The soupy sales show. That weird show on channel 5 with the chin puppets. Dawn of sesame street and the spanish stuff. Time tunnel, my mother the car, gunsmoke, my three sons, laugh-in, voyage to the bottom of the sea, hogan's heros, star trek, lost in space, mr, chicken, it's about time, the dating game, dark shadows, real saturday morning cartoons, davy and goliath, twilight zone, the outer limits, ed sullivan...

There were only a handful of channels. 13, 11, 9, 7, 5, 4, and 2. Low res black and white moving to color somewhere in the 70's?

Ok, major legal trouble with copyrights, but that's what lawyers were created from the sewer slime for. The station program records might still exist. the commercials might still exist. Hell, the equipment to play the old format recordings might still exist.

Reward: a copy
By magicat
It would be nice for the people who weren't around during the 50's and 60's to see what the tv was like.

Good idea! ;-D
By igordworkin
i hadn't considered that aspect. didn't think old tv was of much interest to under 40's. i figured the recapturing youth idea for us old buggers would be the only market :-b . very interesting extension.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]