The perfect place for ideas that are totally insane, making them far too hot to be thrown away.
By fatcat456
I am working on an idea that if insted of useing gas or a flame for pulpusion why not use a kind of "anit gravity" insted of atracting objects you repel them so you have a means of seirsly hi trasportaion. if would direct the force into a single point and blast off of anything even in plain space. the only problem that i am having now is what and how gravity it is a force but "what!" is it exacly if i founf out how to harness this energy i could be famous but i just want help, ideas, suggestions, consers? just post away please need input so i can revolusionize the world. please?!! :-D
By The_Wise
Well the problem is: we don't really know what gravity is.

There are many varying theories; some describe gravity as quantized particles of waves (gravitons) and of course Einstein, as a warp in space time.

So if you can some way develop "anti-graviton" particles or you can distort space-time in a weird way, you have yourself an anti-gravity machine. Have fun finding thoughs gravitons though...there is no proof that they exist!
By fatcat456
Thanks and I see what you mean but if gravity is a kind of wave them we would be able to control it easily becuse we have mastered many differnt waves and we can even change there wave lenges
But................. If it is a distortion in time and space then that means that there is almost no hope to conrole it. a way i guees that i could try if i could make on object realy dence and see if it have a kind of pull of objects
but that will be very hard for me to do at my postion in life right now but if i do go into quantum Physics then i guees i will keep you posted.
By The_Wise
Well how's this:

Gravity is proportional to mass, ie. the bigger the mass, the stronger that gravitational force.

So, if one wanted to create an object that exhibited some form of "anti-gravity", we would need to make that object of a negative mass. Basically a step behind a vacuum.

Now wouldn't that be cool, negative mass.

:-D
By Rockey
Hmm well just a crazzy thought..
What if you didn't try to fight gravity or ,ove with it.
How about we just move right threw it.
If we could make a device out of magnetts that could attract to the magnetic pull in space as well as controll the magnetic pull we could have a compleatly renewable none fueled way of space travel.
Should work in therey don't you think???
By jacobpatrick
to that last thought you mean somehow leash oneself to the pull of a far away star or galaxy and then channeling that energy against the pull of the earths gravity to propell yourself away from earth.
By jacobpatrick
how about by chaneling dark matter' so that by using something that had the same propertys to dark matter as a one way mirror does to light. you would let in dark matter a lot of dark matter from all around your space craft and only let it exit through a small jet at the back of your craft proppeling you forward. what do you think.
[/img]
By 'The One'
I'm thinking these ideas are well cool. I reckon many of you're theories and ideas could be put to use, but also, what about some of the other inventions you could make from these ideas too! I checked out that link to the train site, it's amazing! Have you seen a film called 'Primer'. I haven't seen it yet but on the plot on the back of the case, it mentions it has a similar idea about creating anything and everything by manipulating the mass of objects, etc. Check it out if you get the time.

;-D
By 'The One'
Just think, you could make things like 'hovercars', hoverboards', hoverskates'...It could be wicked! Check out another forum topic, 'Easy Hovercraft' by 'C-Camberlain' in the 'Look-what-I-did-do-it-too Aquarium' on this same site. There are a few ideas there that we've been talking about. ;-)
By spannerintheworks
If you can solve this problem you can basically build a perpertual motion machine and get energy out of it.

SImply putting it that a field. such as a magnetic field cannot be blocked, rather it can be diverted through something that is more suspeciable to magnetism.

HOwever we cant apply the same principle to gravity. As we know gravity affects all bodies with the same degree of force on all bodies with the same range so theoritically under the current laws it is impossible to divert a gravitational field.

Therefore the gravitional field must be diverted into the 4th dimension.

You do this by creating an array of spinning superconductors that is rotated very close to the speed of light. Anything that passes through the point will be passed off into another dimension. THis includes all matter, light, and emf, and of course gravity. This point is likely to be shielded with a bottom cover to ensure you dont send things you fly over into the 4th dimension. THere is likely to be a number of safeguards in place to prevent any accidents from happening.

The shielding will be subject to the effects of gravity. However this is likely to represent 1% of the total weight of the flying vehicle or UFO or whatever you would like to call it.

The same technology can be theoritcally used as a driving mechanism called "Gravatron Drive". Since the lack of, or weaker gravitational pull on one side will result in movement/acceleration into the direction of the stronger gravity

However this would mean the accelation on earth would be around

sin 45 * 9.81 metres/s

or 0 to 60 in 15 seconds

Top speed might be Terminal velocity of the object. Since matter itself is not being sent to the 4th dimension air resistance will keep the craft from reaching any higher speeds.

It is likely that there is another powersource that assist the gravtron drive. SO it would be a hybrid drive..

THis source is likely to consist of some sort of nano-particle substance. So there is increased surface area hence any kind of reaction can be carried out with minimal energy and maximum surface area. Maybe something like Ferrious oxide nano-particle + liquified hydrogen.
By ShotgunNinja
Some random thoughts on the subject:

Hypercompressed mass, or an area of matter compressed to 'universe, pre-Big Bang' pressure and density, would be able to hold enough 'gravitons' to create an artificial gravitational field. But that brings up the interesting question of how you would be able to gather and compress enough matter to have sufficient gravity, and keep it compressed. It would take about the same amount of mass as the planet Mercury, or at least the moon, for a much smaller field. Plus, the question also arises on how to convert the mass's gravity into "anti-gravity", which I believe may be similar to diverting a magnetic field, just a matter (hehe, pardon the pun) of selected magnetic shielding, like a laser in a house of mirrors, or better yet, in a sphere of mirrors. If you can make a vacuum with magnets, you can isolate a magnetic field, because there's no matter for the field to transfer through! And besides, the fourth dimension is time. Time is a derivative of distance, which is a derivative of the first three dimensions (according to Einstein, that is, when he said that it was relative), and is therefore not a true dimension. Sorry, guys. It's a misperception of existence.
By ShotgunNinja
jacobpatrick wrote:how about by chaneling dark matter' so that by using something that had the same propertys to dark matter as a one way mirror does to light. you would let in dark matter a lot of dark matter from all around your space craft and only let it exit through a small jet at the back of your craft proppeling you forward. what do you think.
[/img]
It's ANTImatter, geinius.
By ShotgunNinja
The_Wise wrote:Well how's this:

Gravity is proportional to mass, ie. the bigger the mass, the stronger that gravitational force.

So, if one wanted to create an object that exhibited some form of "anti-gravity", we would need to make that object of a negative mass. Basically a step behind a vacuum.

Now wouldn't that be cool, negative mass.

:-D
I thought negative mass was antimass/antimatter. It exists, but the quarks/mesons/theoretical subatomic building blocks are spinning in the wrong direction, therefore it is not mass. (That's also probably the reason that matter and antimatter annihilate each other. The whole 'opposing gears' thing.) A vacuum is the lack of both mass and antimass, and is therefore similar to time in relation to the three dimensions in that it is more of a side effect, and not a basic principle.

Expand your mind...
By swimmer
i think some kind of magnetic isolator should be developped by first knowing what exactly is the gravitational force .

then there is another thing , earth is also magnetic with a positive pole and a negative pole . if u can charge negativly acraft on the south pole so that the force that pushes the two bodies is greater than the force of gravity attracting them the craft will flow .
Last edited by swimmer on Mon May 07, 2007 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]