The perfect place for ideas that are totally insane, making them far too hot to be thrown away.
By EnglishMan_In_France
Rishi wrote:
InventR wrote:Very interesting subject. Me thinks Man conceived time to define Reality. But what is Reality? Are we all just an illusion of another reality? .......... sorry, movin back to time.

The concept of time travel i guess is a good example. You go back to see yourself in diapers......how does that work? you've altered one dimension (time) to go back, but you suddenly exist as two individuals if you decide to stay there. Is that reality biting or illusion knocking?
Is there a possibility that if you go back in time and see yourself in diapers (the new diapers makes babies look over dressed), it may be that there will be only one you, the one in diapers that is?

The only catch is that you may not retain the awareness of the future you. If that were possible, there are interesting possibilities.

What I am suggesting is that if one can time travel, one would end up in that time as one was at that time and space and not as an additional person, the entity that started on the travel . This will avoid the various paradoxes and leave everything status quo ante.

rishi[/i]
Hmm a very typical StarTrek ending.... the time travellers ended up causing the "issue" in the first place and every thing fits in perfectly, like a 'paint by numbers'. You already get the answer before starting.

I think that time paradox should deserve it's own thread!

I can't help but putting tense in what I write, it's actually quite difficult to see, from my ow point of view, no time. I was given this concept at an early age (*beep*).

I prefer the idea of "initiative/instinct"!
Although, Instinct is no trick of the mind.
Who knows who invented time, maybe it was invented (first concept wise) by us as a very early age of evolution...

Actually time is more of a perception than a concept! Like we see in 3D. We could have evolved differently, but it just so happens that every thing we have given a name to, has this same perception... But it doesn't mean it exists, it just means that we (animals...) perceive it that way, like we see in 3D. Although other animals see other colours, we see only see basic ones, therefore we should not approve time (nor 3D) just because we see it that way.

We just need to concentrate on our instinct, once we can do that it will tell us the next step in understanding ourselves "scientifically".
By Rishi
EnglishMan_In_France wrote:

Actually time is more of a perception than a concept! Like we see in 3D. We could have evolved differently, but it just so happens that every thing we have given a name to, has this same perception... But it doesn't mean it exists, it just means that we (animals...) perceive it that way, like we see in 3D. Although other animals see other colours, we see only see basic ones, therefore we should not approve time (nor 3D) just because we see it that way.
Agreed. As Steve put it earlier in the thread, all perception of time is one of movement. No movement, no time. If we reverse it, no time, no movement. No past. No future. Only a frozen present.

There is no preception of anything in any way. Because light is a vibration, which is so many cycles per second. as is sound. No molecules, no atoms. Because electrons are moving around nuclei to be perceived as material. As rishi or EMIF or the moon and earth.

There could be mass as inert nuclear matter. There could be space. Neither of these involve motion. (I am on shaky ground here:Sorry, shaking involves time). No individual consciousness.

Better stop here before I go fully off the rocker(What frequency?)

rishi
By EnglishMan_In_France
I remember an episode of Red Dwarf and Sliders that had the "backward time". Red Dwarf was that, on the world they were on, they could do amazing things like drink (considering that everyone else was reversed, it was amazing), but the only down side was that they didn't know what had happened to make an event happen (wake up all beaten and cut, then later have the fight). Where as Sliders had a different approach, every thing went forwards in time but with jumps going backwards, so at first it seemed normal and only later on tyhey realised they were on backwards-time, but their perception of time was still going forwards!

But I think that saying that "no time, would mean that every think is frozen" is a difficult thing to accept for me. Since we see time as linear, then "no time" may look frozen if we were watching it through a microscope, but it is our perception that does not let us see anything else. However if we were to become "timeless" then I'm sure that it would not be still.
By 'The One'
What if time doesn't actually exist and that it is just a figment of our imagination because we have what we call a memory?...Our memory may not be a track of time but a thing which allows us to simply learn from listening, which it is, although most of us humans seems to remember a lot, even the non-simple things.

Time may not exist because it is not a physical thing but is a way for us to monitor the 'past', 'present', and 'future'. Maybe it is only the 'present' which exists and we could simply be stuck together with particles, matter, etc. in the PRESENT as we call it...although, you never know, I could simply be totally wrong of course.

What do you think?...
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]