The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By AaronBurns
We have so-called mildew proof caulking, but it is always filled with mildew and rot. If we add the agents or compounds to the caulking that kills mold, mildew, and rot, then we have a caulking that would last forever and never look bad and never need to be replaced every year in an average bath or shower. We just add the cleaning agents directly into the caulking, and fuse it together until it cleans itself, indefinitely. Who doesn't have caulking somewhere in their house, where it is important to either be clean or look clean. It can cause health prolems. Especially if you are sensitive to aquiring a problem or allergy to it. We need only to add the right mixture to it, then the mold, rot, and mildew, just wont show up at all. You could even add teflon coatings to it, so that it didn't collect any grime either. A perfect solution to the so-called mildew proof caulking, because it is not mildew proof. A new chemical which is used every day and is safe to be around and would cause no health problems when around it. Like the common house hold cleaners you would use to clean the problem areas in the first place.

Reward: Credit
By Steve
Not sure - do you mean "caulking"? :-?
By AaronBurns
Yes, I do mean caulking.
Sorry about the spelling error, Steve. My fault.
Let's look over it as if we spelled it right.
Again, esteemed Master, my error resulted in a misunderstanding.
Please, evaluate again.
Thanks,
Aaron ;-D
By Steve
Sorry, didn't mean to bug you with this one, but I never heard of the word before (remember that English isn't my native language) and couldn't find it in the dictionary, so I thought I'd better ask. :-)
By The_Joe
well since mold or what ever grows in your chaulking is a living cell it preforms osmosis.diffusion is the movent of materials like water though a selective premerable mebraine. my idea to get rid of this life growing on your chaulk is to add salt. i say this because the cell would have to dehydrate itself to maintain a balence of salt to water ratio. then afetr a little while soak the mold in water again. this might cause the cell mebraine to litteraly explode due to it absorbing so much water. BY all means u have every right to prove me wrong... thanks
By AaronBurns
Thank you... we could add a saline additive to the calking.
Great idea!
Again, thanks! ;-D
By The_Joe
well i am testing my idea of liberally appling salt to the outside surface of the caulking. Ihave used common household salt (1Tbsp) and five drops of water(i used a dropper that came with certaint medicines, it was welll washed). i would post links to photos i took but im uncertaint on how to do it frow a cell phone.

im appling it for 24 hrs.
and yes i know im supposed to use metric but i didnt have metric measurement devices on me :-)
By AaronBurns
Don't worry about using Metric measurements... I'm American! Ha! ;-D
By The_Joe
in scienctific study u r supposed to use metric oh well 7 more hours left til i remove the salt to see if it affected the Black stuff thats on my shower caulking ... :-°
By AaronBurns
I know... I was joking since we usually forget how to use metric and stick with Standard measurements that we are used too...
Except of course when using tools on a car.
Standard is just easier for me.
I am very excited to see if your experiment works!
I think you would definitely have to incorporate the salt or saline into a formidable material like calking or it would disolve too fast when you shower.
Then you would need to calk again every six months.
How would you solve that problem?
Let me know. ;-D
By AaronBurns
AaronBurns wrote:I know... I was joking since we usually forget how to use metric and stick with Standard measurements that we are used too...
Except of course when using tools on a car.
Standard is just easier for me.
I am very excited to see if your experiment works!
I think you would definitely have to incorporate the salt or saline into a formidable material like caulking or it would disolve too fast when you shower.
Then you would need to caulk again every six months.
How would you solve that problem?
Let me know. ;-D
By The_Joe
results r in .the salt under a 24 hour period did not affect the mold growth, i have to take a shower, so i couldnt conduct it any longer... my idea didnt follow though with the science i thought i knew.. maybe the salt did affect it but on a cellural scale. but thats not possible with out a mircoscope to see. anyways if i get anymore bright ideas ill post again. :-C 8-o :-?
By The_Joe
one other thing, im in high school . maybe this idea hit me while i was munching on some fries :-? :-C
By The_Joe
WAIT! i looked more closely at the sites of where i placed salt, it seems like the colour of the black"stuff" (mold) was a bit lighter shaded. it may have done something. i dont have the time and or money to investigate further, so if anyone decides to test it themselfs, they should get similar results.
BTW i have pictures but they are on a cell phone and they are in low res.
also i was trying to come up with a way to kill it without chemicals that are manufactoured, its a whole lot cheaper:)
:-?
By The_Joe
Hmmm.... another idea came into my skull, why not apply a thin layer of plastic (sealent) onto the chaulking when installing the tile
or what ever it may be. this would prevent moisture from seeping in, keeping the salt drier ....
then again i dont know much about installing caulking, i dont live in an old house or really need to replace the original chaulk.
well i got to go to bed good night all

and MOO to u B-) B-) B-) B-) B-) B-) B-) B-) B-) B-) B-)
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]