The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By Unal Izgi
What about books made of plastic ex. (PE) sheets, from which the plastic bags are made of. The cover of the book can be made of hard plastic and the pages weaker plastic sheets. In this case, you will be able to read your favourite book wherever you want. In the pool, in the rain, etc. Pages won't tear as easily as paper. You will be able to keep and store your books for a long time in any place without the fear that they will be eaten by any creature or that it would get damaged at a moist room climate. Recycling is possible. There are so many advantages but the most important thing is that you will protect the nature. There won't be any need to kill the forest. Newspapers and magazines can also be made of plastic.

Reward: Write to me
By veganator
Sounds like a great idea, but I'm not sure about the saving nature bit. Trees are a renewable source and growing trees are very good for the atmosphere, plastic is usually made from petrochemicals which are not all that good for nature, although plastics can be made from other materials too.
By enigmanuma
Great idea. It would be easy to see the uses in childrens books. They throw them in the tub, no problem. They get them sticky, dirty etc.. you just clean it off. It would also greatly increase the chances of them not tearing the pages.

Another option of course would be a projected book on the wall that could be downloaded from the internet. Come to think of it a personal computer wall projector is not a bad idea.
By McNeelix
Thinking about books that you could throw in the tub... wouldn't it be great to have writing pads made of plastic with waterproof permanent pens to write in/on them?

How often do you get bright ideas in the shower or in the tub? I reckon they're probably two of the most inspirational places for most people - for whatever reason!

It would be fantastic to be able to capture bathtime eureka moments on paper/plastic straight away.
By Rishi
McNeelix wrote:Thinking about books that you could throw in the tub... wouldn't it be great to have writing pads made of plastic with waterproof permanent pens to write in/on them?

How often do you get bright ideas in the shower or in the tub? I reckon they're probably two of the most inspirational places for most people - for whatever reason!

It would be fantastic to be able to capture bathtime eureka moments on paper/plastic straight away.
Will not a microphone (if needed a wireless one) and an audio recording do the job better? Playing back any incidental singing will also act as an effective deterrent to future musical attempts and promote domestic harmony on the side.

rishi
By bookwormjackie
veganator wrote:Sounds like a great idea, but I'm not sure about the saving nature bit. Trees are a renewable source and growing trees are very good for the atmosphere, plastic is usually made from petrochemicals which are not all that good for nature, although plastics can be made from other materials too.
That's right. I really like the part that you can read a book in the pool without worrying about soaking it, but the idea's quite non-environmentally-friendly. I look forward to the day when plastic can be mostly made from environmentally-friendly materials instead of harmful chemicals and books can be plastic instead of paper. ;D
By Ktar
There actually are books that are made like this.

Cradle to Cradle is an example. It is made of plastic and is completely water-proof. You can read it in the tub! 8-o
Also the book can be reprinted and recycled.

http://www.mcdonough.com/cradle_to_cradle.htm

"It is printed on a synthetic 'paper,' made from plastic resins and inorganic fillers, designed to look and feel like top quality paper while also being waterproof and rugged. And the book can be easily recycled in localities with systems to collect polypropylene, like that in yogurt containers. This 'treeless' book points the way toward the day when synthetic books, like many other products, can be used, recycled, and used again without losing any material quality—in cradle to cradle cycles."
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]