The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By MIKE
Here is my idea of how always keep the track of time if you dislike a conventional wristwatch (in my case it makes my wrist itchy, so i dont wear it :)).

How about a sticky small lcd display that can be glued onto eyeglasses, in the left top corner of the lens for example. The electronics with a battery can be attached to the frame where it is not visible (this can be made so small nowadays, so it is not a big problem), and connected by a wire to the lcd. The lcd should be small enough to not block the view. Also it should be easily installed by anyone and easily removed.
By Dr.S.Rama murthy
Hello,
I have a suggestion. The display can be on the frame portion which joins the ears and hinges of the spectacle . This portion should be wide enough to hold LCD and a smallbutton cell for powerThis would not affect the viewing area of glass of the spectacle
Rama murthy
By MIKE
Dr.S.Rama murthy wrote:Hello,
I have a suggestion. The display can be on the frame portion which joins the ears and hinges of the spectacle . This portion should be wide enough to hold LCD and a smallbutton cell for powerThis would not affect the viewing area of glass of the spectacle
Rama murthy

Yes, that will also work. It will definetly be out of the way, so it wont block the view. Also, it is also possible just to make clock/watch attachement that can be atached to that part of spectacles, a small case that will contain all electronics, power and lcd, It can be attached by a clamp to any kind of glasses.
THANK you FOR UR SUGGESTION :)
By Michael D. Grissom
In the late 1980's see-through LCD eye glass lenses were invented and produced and demonstrated at the Dayton Ohio amateur radio convention. It allowed people to actually read email (for example) without changing the eyes focus on distant objects. This would be a piece-of-cake for simply displaying time. Also, if you simply want to take off your glasses to read a LCD that's not in your field of view, you can remove the LCD clock from any 'watch pen' available at all Radio Shack stores and on the internet and affix it to your glasses. The LCD panel in a watch pen is actually stuck to the top of its driver chip with a paper thin conductive rubber strip like thin double sided tape (no wires). My only problem with this is that if I take off my reading glasses I wouldn't be able to read the LCD. The see-through LCD however could be focused perfectly for almost any eye problem.

I have a watch fetish (collector) but hate to wear them for the same reason.
By MIKE
Exellent, thanks for suggestion, i gonna go check a Radio Shack if they have some watch pens u told about.
By Michael D. Grissom
Did you go see the watch pen? How is your project coming along? It really is a good idea for those of us that hate to wear watches. I expect to be able to buy one from you soon. Please don't make me call my patent attorney! :-B
By MIKE
My project is not coming along yet, i have to deal with other projects first. Got some projects i have to do for college.
And i do really want to patent it, but here in Canada i need at least $900 to do so, and as you can see i am a student, and usually students do not have so much money. Thats the main reason why i published my idea here. :-B
By Michael D. Grissom
This is the GREY area for all inventors -- prove it and I'll give you the money but you can't prove it without the money. There are successful inventors who realize this and have formed "turnkey companys" that eliminate that grey area. If you are underfunded, find one of those turnkey companys and go for it!!!
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]