This is the place for all kinds of brainstorming. Anything goes. From time to time, the Sea of Chaos might also give birth to new forum categories.
By javaz99
Picture the scene. At Jalie headquarters Montreal the head of design is briefing the pattern makers. "We av to come up with a shirt pattern zat will baffle ze English but for the smart ones that can follow our instructions will dazzle them with Francophone ingenuity and our superior pattern making".

One of the pattern makers has a moment of deep inspiration. "Mais oui I av it!" she says "We will create a collar that one must roll the entire garment through. Ze finish will be magnifique, but the making will be a challenge."

Well as you can see from this poor attempt at humour, I was challenged by Jalie 2921. I sat for an hour reading the instructions thinking that I must have misinterpreted the text and drawings. But no, you do indeed roll the garment through the stitched collar, creating a very clean line and no raw edges.

I'm very happy with the result and fit. I used a very drapey wool blend knit. My only complaint is that my tie hangs lower than on the pattern illustrations. I suspect this is a combination of not being generous enough with the seam allowances and the loose weave dragging it downward. I will definitely make another soon.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]