The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By adelz7
#22470
We need to engage the homeless and encourage employment. An easy job for them is to recycle! The government will provide them with big plastic bags and they must collect Aluminum cans or other recyclable items.

The homeless will get paid for this. After collecting 10 pounds, they get a gift of some kind.

Reward: A smile.
By jodonow
#23756
adelz7 wrote:We need to engage the homeless and encourage employment. An easy job for them is to recycle! The government will provide them with big plastic bags and they must collect Aluminum cans or other recyclable items.

The homeless will get paid for this. After collecting 10 pounds, they get a gift of some kind.

Reward: A smile.


Well , don't recycling companies already pay anyone for what they bring to recycle?
By jodonow
#23789
tem.ernst wrote:That sounds awesome. ;D
The gift could be some food/water.

"water"?!? doesn't that come out of taps where u live?
By tem.ernst
#23791
jodonow wrote:
tem.ernst wrote:That sounds awesome. ;D
The gift could be some food/water.

"water"?!? doesn't that come out of taps where u live?



Ummm. Bottled water. Tap water is nasty (town water = yuck). And where can a homeless person go to get tap water? Sure, Kwik Trip, but does Kwik Trip want everyone to come in and get water all the time? I don't think so! By the way, I have my own well, so NO, water doesn't come out of taps where I live.
By jodonow
#23793
tem.ernst wrote:
jodonow wrote:
tem.ernst wrote:That sounds awesome. ;D
The gift could be some food/water.

"water"?!? doesn't that come out of taps where u live?



Ummm. Bottled water. Tap water is nasty (town water = yuck). And where can a homeless person go to get tap water? Sure, Kwik Trip, but does Kwik Trip want everyone to come in and get water all the time? I don't think so! By the way, I have my own well, so NO, water doesn't come out of taps where I live.

well however nasty it is, it's still processed to be drinkable. to give homeless bottled water (by the way if bottled water is not spring water, then it's just tap water in a bottle) is like giving beef stakes when you can give pork mince.
By Ariaelf
#23875
adelz7 wrote:We need to engage the homeless and encourage employment. An easy job for them is to recycle! The government will provide them with big plastic bags and they must collect Aluminum cans or other recyclable items.

The homeless will get paid for this. After collecting 10 pounds, they get a gift of some kind.

Reward: A smile.


There's no need for government encouragement, as many homeless people already collect aluminum cans and scrap because the reward at the scrap yard is MONEY. :P

But the thing is people don't end up homeless because they lack encouragement and engagement. Right now there are simply more people out of work than jobs available. Our technology has made less need for people in a lot of blue collar jobs, which means if you worked all your life as a cashier and your supermarket laid off half the staff because of automated tellers, or you worked as a tax person at H&R block but then everyone started using TurboTax for their taxes, or you worked at some factory job but they all got exported to China... you might end up homeless if there is no family to take you in or social program to pay for you. It's a huge widespread problem. That's how the working class who WANT to work end up being homeless, there is also a lot of homeless people who simply can't work due to mental illness or drug addiction. Once upon a time they were able to live out their lives in state run mental hospitals, then in the 80's they were all shut down and the mentally ill people left to fend for themselves on the street. It's really unfortunate.
By Philip Hughes
#23880
Hi, guys this is first time i am visiting this forum. Its glad to see such a great info posted here. So many things i came to know new by this forum.
OFFSHORE

The description is pretty much useful, I really li[…]

Water Bed Chairs And Couches Etc.

I used to have a kidney shaped water couch and it […]

Bath body hair removal

I think a whirlpool with the chemical in it would […]

Is there anymore need for physical cards? I suppos[…]