The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By lolita
Make a PA system mic with sensor to track the face of the speaker. As he approaches the mic, its height will automatically be adjusted for his height.
By boboisgreat
I had this idea years ago - your idea is good, but missing a few key pieces to make it work. First, this isn't so complicated - you can use household items to put this together. First, get some 12 gauge wire to wire the mic to the pa system. Next, set up a parabolic cone and a plane it parallel to the element of the cone by the locus of points equidistant from the speaker. Wire that with 12 gauge wire to the pa system in one of the aux sends. Using delay or chorus, set the separation, alignment, or orientation such that the listener thinks he is facing the right direction. Add to the parabolic cone a microwave power divider and waveguide assembly. Direct this at the speaker. Also, add a solar cell connected to an electric motor connected to the boom arm of the microphone. Face the solar cell towards the speaker. When he/she speaks, the parabolic cone will receive the speech and transfer the signal to the power divider, which in turn will alternate the power to the waveguide. This alternating signal will be routed to the pa where the chorus/delay module will combine the signals in a phased array to surround the speaker. The solar cell will detect the ambient radiation generated by the lightbulb and will cause the electric motor to move the boom arm, thus positioning it exactly where the speaker needs it. I am planning on patenting this, so don't go stealing my plan.
By Steve
boboisgreat wrote:I am planning on patenting this, so don't go stealing my plan.
If you really plan to do that, then it might not be such a good idea to post it in a public forum. O:-)
By boboisgreat
ok....sorry...I'm not really planning on patenting this, but the idea should work.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]