The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By anandkanade
#7444
This is an idea for reducing air pollution in cities due to automobiles. A high voltage particle collector can be placed at every cross road points, which will collect suspended air particles & collect them at bottom in bags.

Reward: pollution free air
By DirtpatchSmacky
#10409
wonder how much extra pollution would be created by the power plants in order to juice these high voltage contraptions.
By Rishi
#10438
DirtpatchSmacky wrote:wonder how much extra pollution would be created by the power plants in order to juice these high voltage contraptions.


Very little. The voltage is high. However, the current is negligible. The catch is that the Cotterel collector will not attract the dust. It only traps whatever reaches between the electrodes. In the open it will very quickly gets choked by insects and stop functioning.

rishi
By Pruthvi
#10822
anandkanade wrote:This is an idea for reducing air pollution in cities due to automobiles. A high voltage particle collector can be placed at every cross road points, which will collect suspended air particles & collect them at bottom in bags.

Reward: pollution free air


Hi,
I was also thinking something like this. My idea was to suck such polluted air by any compressor and do some process on this compressed polluted air so that the air can be converted into pure oxygen. Release this pure air from the other end of the compressor.
let me have others view... :)
Thanks
By Rishi
#10824
Pruthvi wrote:
anandkanade wrote:This is an idea for reducing air pollution in cities due to automobiles. A high voltage particle collector can be placed at every cross road points, which will collect suspended air particles & collect them at bottom in bags.

Reward: pollution free air


Hi,
I was also thinking something like this. My idea was to suck such polluted air by any compressor and do some process on this compressed polluted air so that the air can be converted into pure oxygen. Release this pure air from the other end of the compressor.
let me have others view... :)
Thanks


Any powered compressing of air will add to the overall pollution caused by the additional power needed for compression. 80% of air is nitrogen. This cannot be converted to oxygen. At best one can conceive of a wind powered blower that sucks particle laden air through a Cotterel precipitator to remove bulk of the suspended particle contamination. Even this limited exercise will lead to unaesthetic looking ungainly structures. The once beautiful Bangalore (My home too), which is fast becoming an eyesore will certainly look worse for such devices.

rishi
By InventR
#10851
Here's a bizarre thought. Some cities have smog hanging over it like a cloud.

What if the nearby airforce sent a squadron of fighters in a V formation every day over the city.

The planes would accelerate (to an unbelievable speed) before they reached the city and gently ease off the jets (otherwise the resulting noise pollution could break every window in the city:) over the city, whipping the pollution away in their tail wind.

Assuming off course the planes don't create more pollution than there already is :-b
By Devro68
#11009
hey, the problem with your idea is that it would take WAY to much power.... in order to have an effect.

in order to even have an effect the number of these that would have to be made would be to much..... it would have to have a major effect for any company to back it.
OFFSHORE
Water Bed Chairs And Couches Etc.

I used to have a kidney shaped water couch and it […]

Bath body hair removal

I think a whirlpool with the chemical in it would […]

Is there anymore need for physical cards? I suppos[…]

A Place for problems and solutions

This is a really good proposal. One title could be[…]