The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By AaronBurns
When you get in and out of your car every day and if you look at the back of your lower leg clothing, you will notice a dirt line and water line that will go unnoticed by you but be visible to every one else. Most people don't realize this but when you get in and out of the car there is a moment when both your legs come in contact with the bottom of the inside of the car where the doors base is when closed, called the "Runner". It collects water and grime all throughout your driving daily. When your legs hit the runner it stains your clothes with dirt for the day.

We need to insulate this runner from any outside grime and water by including more strips of rubber insulators to the outer door and the inside so they fit comfortably together (one insulator inside the other) eliminating any possible chance that the runner would ever be affected by car travel or run off from around the door by channeling the water around the rest of the car door to the outside and edges that would not contact the runner.

Reward: Saving me the embarassment of dirty pants.
By calibret
By the way, the runner you are referring to is what we call the rocker. In certain vehicles, there are what we call lower door seal or rocker seal that actually minimizes the "breathing" of dust/dirt into the vehicle cab. When you buy a vehicle, look at the seals on the doors and bodyside. Usually a double loop system (one on the door and bodyside each) are the best to keep dust and noises out.

There are certain mediocre vehicles out there that saves cost and only put a loop of seal on the bodyside or door.

However even with the seals, you would still get some dirt on the bulb or below it that you can get it on your pants when you accidentally rub it. I would suggest being more careful to step in and out of the vehicle.

Your problem is a valid concern (could also happen on a running board)..... hmmm I am sure I can think of something to address it. I know working on seals before that we sometime spray "Etchinson" coating on the seals to reduce door seal itch or dirt sticking to it.
That might reduce the amount of dirt on the bulb seal to stick to your pants. Hey go get scotch guard for your pants man ......

KH
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]