The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By sebin
Many of us likes to read books late till night. But it will be a lot of disturbances to others who are sleeping. Obiviously we could go to other and read. Why to waste electricity.

The idea is to have a book where each page glows in the night like flourescent type.

Obviously the paper cannot be made from trees but then from plastic. Just imagine reading that type of books in the night and also we could use this papers to write on it, like people working in a cave mines,where the light is dim.
By Steve
This would be like reading with a flashlight - it would ruin your eyes. :-/
By Rishi
In 1980 I bought a tiny lamp in Germany that clipped on to a book. It was about 7W and very light. It had a mini-reflector that clipped on to the bulb. There was no disturbance to any one else. and safe at the operating 6 V.

rishi
By Steve
Rishi wrote:In 1980 I bought a tiny lamp in Germany that clipped on to a book. It was about 7W and very light. It had a mini-reflector that clipped on to the bulb. There was no disturbance to any one else. and safe at the operating 6 V.

rishi
So you wear no glasses now? O:-)
By Rishi
Steve wrote:
Rishi wrote:In 1980 I bought a tiny lamp in Germany that clipped on to a book. It was about 7W and very light. It had a mini-reflector that clipped on to the bulb. There was no disturbance to any one else. and safe at the operating 6 V.

rishi
So you wear no glasses now? O:-)
On the contrary. Too much reading in bed. Have to wear plus fours. Not the Scottish variety.

rishi
By Steve
Rishi wrote:On the contrary. Too much reading in bed. Have to wear plus fours. Not the Scottish variety.

rishi
Alright - don't want to shoot down the original posters idea, but it would seem to me that the construction simply couldn't give enough light for the purpose. (And I know how much energy my laptop eats to produce that amount of illumination.)

Then again, it might be possible to place a chemical in the spine of the book - break it, and let it glow. I'm always a bit side-tracked by the claims of saving energy and keeping the environment clean though.
By Rishi
Steve wrote:
Rishi wrote:On the contrary. Too much reading in bed. Have to wear plus fours. Not the Scottish variety.

rishi
Alright - don't want to shoot down the original posters idea, but it would seem to me that the construction simply couldn't give enough light for the purpose. (And I know how much energy my laptop eats to produce that amount of illumination.)

Then again, it might be possible to place a chemical in the spine of the book - break it, and let it glow. I'm always a bit side-tracked by the claims of saving energy and keeping the environment clean though.
You can say that in spades. In any case, auto-luminescense may mean some form of nuclear radiation, with a long half life. Otherwise the book may go dark on you if you do not read it fast enough.

If this idea has to see the light of the day (a bit difficult at night, I guess) why not print a conventional paper book with fluorescent ink? There is always some ambient illumination that may light up the letters enough to read the letter.

This will obviate the nightmare of a whole book shelf of glowing books from disturbing not only the inmates but the neighbours as well.

rishi
By sebin
The idea is to use flourescence in it. Like you wud have seen a flourscent balls, objects and also the table clock (the numbers glows in that clock) that glows in the night. We cud use that material for making flourscent paper.

So at night these papers glow. Even we could coat our keyboard with that material so that keyboard glows in the night.
By sebin
I actually didnt see the whole forum, but thats exactly wat i was telling of. U know the application point of view is gud , it cud be used were people working in mine or some places were the light is dim.
By AaronBurns
This would work if the spine where in light long enough to charge the pages.
You also would need to have a black sheet of plastic inside each page other wise you would be reading two pages at a time. ;-D
By matt2goodin
Try using a small black light and a new kind of book with black pages. The text on this book will be white. The black light will lumaness the white text. The black light will produce verry low visible light to the other ocupants of the room.
By hawa f
it is really a great idea but didnt u think of the ink? which kind of ink would u use? anyhow i appreciate ur idea... ;D
waiting for a reply
hawa f B-)
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]