The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By Arog
I propose eliminating the U.S. House of Representatives, and replacing it with an online "Concordance of Delegates", as a means of minimizing corruption and making our legislature more representative.

The following would apply to the "COD":

1) The delegates would communicate with one another and vote online from their homes, rather than meeting in a single location.

2) One delegate would be elected for every 5,000 voters. The current congressional districts would be subdivided into delegate sub-districts. Assuming 150 million registered voters, there would be 30,000 delegates.

3) Each delegate would receive compensation of $40,000 per year (in 2006 dollars, with cost-of-living adjustments) and would serve for a 3 year term. Paying the delegates would thus cost $1.5 Billion per year.

4) Committees would be comprised of 1,000 delegates. A delegate could serve on a maximum of 5 committees and would receive additional $2,000 per year for each committee on which he or she serves.

5) The COD would be empowered to override the Senate with 75% vote, and the President with a 2/3 vote.

6) Each delegate would be required to vote on at least 60% of all votes put before the "COD" per year, or else he forfeits his salary for the year in which he failed to do so.

By replacing the House with this concordance of 30,000 delegates, corruption via campaign contributions and bribes of various types would be minimized, because of the difficulty involved in corrupting such a vast number of people.

Reward: I wouldn't mind a small monument.
By nihal
Your suggestion is a good one, but there is no need to change the name of the House of Representatives. I have read and heard of so much campaign contributions being made at all levels to insure their own vested interests, practically preventing candidates from pursuing the right thing to do, selling their souls, forcing themselves to play a dishonest game with their voters. Above all, voters should realize that each delegate in every nation IS a showcase of the best that each nation has got to offer in terms of sincerity, integrity, credibility and accountability. Before they vote, they should know who and what they're voting for and therefore they should take great pains to contact and talk things over with the leaders who are supposed to represent them.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]