The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By HPVic03
This would be a social networking site targeted at adults and professionals, generally people from ages 25 and up. It would have all of the features of Facebook such as a network system, groups, events, photos, etc., but people would also put their jobs, professional skills, or even a resume if they were looking for a job. Companies could pay to do power searches for people, but for people to join would be completely free.

This website would be a mix of LinkedIn and Facebook. It's like LinkedIn in that people can find jobs and make connections. It's unlike LinkedIn, and like facebook in that it would be completely free and you can search for anyone, but you can only see very little information until you friend them - but you can friend people. LinkedIn only allows you to friend people in your networks unless you pay. And again it's like LinkedIn and unlike facebook in that it's targeted at professionals and not students, and there would be no News Feed (it records everything everyone does and shows everyone else).

I see a future where every single professional has his or her network of contacts online, business and personal, and can find people and communicate extremely efficiently and easily. If you meet someone in line somewhere, or on an elevator, or at a convention, all you need is their name and you could find them on this site. You would be connected to your co-workers or your independent contractors, or even your employees through this site. People would find it strange if you weren't on there. But the thing that would have to make this work is it's target of professionals and adults, and probably a little Web 2.0 hype mixed in.

Reward: A spot on the board
By HPVic03
perhaps a better name for this would be

"Business Networking"

You could also export your contacts to:

-Microsoft Outlook
-Microsoft Excel (for christmas cards, mailouts, whatever)
-Your Phone
-Your PDA
-Your ipod/iphone

You never have to worry about losing your contacts again!
By HPVic03
I actuallly went ahead and did it... you can pretty much do everything I listed above, plus you can send text messages to pepole, and mass emails to business subscribers, group members, and event guests, and mass text messages.

Check it out at
http://www.MyProContacts.com

It is exclusive to join, so if you would like an invite, email me at hpvic03@yahoo.com
By sorrisi
This concept already exists on a pretty large scale at Xing.com (formerly openBC.com)

It's pretty neat actually, and there are people who have joined from all over the world. From your contact details you can also activate skype calls and other messenger services. One very nice feature is the ability to search for the link between yourself and another person through your contacts (so, if Bill Gates is on Xing.com, the site will search starting from your contacts and then their contacts and so on to see how many contacts you are away from Bill Gates).

Nice for networking! Hope you find some use looking through it.
By HPVic03
Yes, I knew of Xing before I started. There are a couple differences between xing and My Professional Contacts.

From My Professional Contacts you can send direct emails, text messages, and upload files in all different manners - for yourself, for group projects, or for downloading.

My Professional Contacts is completely free and easier to use. It has group, event, and business page functions that are lacking on Xing. There is less of a job searching area on My Professional Contacts, but that is not its primary purpose. It beats Xing as a contact keeper. Right now My Professional Contacts has several thousands of people. Xing probably has more, and that is its biggest advantage. But My Professional Contacts aims to be a global people directory, so we will see in the future which one gains greater market share.

Check it out. Watch the video.

http://www.MyProContacts.com
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]