Invention Ideas Concept Rules for New Inventions Submit New Ideas Visit the Forums Patent Ideas & Other Links Creativity Pool: New Ideas & New Inventions
Popular Searches

Automatic Height Indicator for Trucks

Postby Kondor » Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:01 pm

I don't know how relevant this idea would be in the US but in Europe it's very relevant due to the number of low bridges.

Have you ever seen a truck stuck under a bridge or crash into a bridge that was too low for the height of the truck? Well here's my idea.

Have a 2 part device that's attached to the roof of the truck cab. The first part of device scans the height of the trailer or whatever is being carried on the trailer. The second part of the device scans forward to detect low bridges etc. A small chip in the cab then determines if the bridge is too low for the trailer and sounds an alarm if it is.

This might sound like a ridiculous idea to some, but I have seen 3 different trucks get stuck under bridges that are too low, and that's within the last 4 years in my own hometown.

Reward: Money, and lots of it.
Kondor
Landlubber
Landlubber

Sponsor

Postby Steve » Sun Jul 11, 2004 6:49 am

Sorry, no money rewards.
Steve
Lifeguard
Lifeguard

Postby Target359 » Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:09 am

just use a IR laser at wieght stations to give hieght indications. Of corse some bridges away from populated areas and or in low trafic areas dont have signs posting hieght :-[
Target359
Dog Paddler
Dog Paddler