Submissions that have been rejected by the Creativity Pool. - The Docks aren't necessarily the final destination, if a broken idea gets fixed it may travel to a more appropriate category.
By kevlar
write some software that will interface with the U.S. patent office so that regular people like us can actually see if things are already invented or research the things that are already invented to help us create new things. The program could be hosted on a phpnuke type form like this one, charging a membership and making it 1000% easier to find things at the U.S. Patent office online web site.

Reward: let me have sole distribution rights to market this software.
By Steve
Wouldn't it be up to the patent office to do something like that? :-?
By kevlar
Well, I thought this was an inventors web site? Do inventors wait for someone else to do things? Not to mention that you are suggesting that the FEDERAL Government actually invent something... not likely.
By Steve
kevlar wrote:Well, I thought this was an inventors web site? Do inventors wait for someone else to do things? Not to mention that you are suggesting that the FEDERAL Government actually invent something... not likely.
No, I mean, from a technical perspective. I guess you don't propose to hack into their system, so I assumed that they would at least have to cooperate one way or another. :-?
By kevlar
Ahhh I see... Yes, from that perspective, I suppose you would have to get a contract from them and they probably don't think it needs to be updated. It works perfectly for those who use it every day I suppose.

I've used it and you can't just type in say ("scuba gear") and since it's been a while since I used it, I just remember it being more frustrating than anything else.

Good point.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]