Invention Ideas Concept Rules for New Inventions Submit New Ideas Visit the Forums Patent Ideas & Other Links Creativity Pool: New Ideas & New Inventions
Popular Searches

Beeper inside the TV remote control

Postby C4 » Tue Dec 17, 2002 10:37 pm

This device should be like that in some models of cordless phones: you press a button on the base( the fixed part of the phone) and the mobile part of the phone make a sound, a beep. By analogy you press a button on the TV, and the remote control (a device that I usually forget where it is in the room ) makes a beep... :)
C4

Sponsor

Postby Steve » Wed Dec 25, 2002 1:53 am

With all the people here having problems finding their remotes, I would suggest that every new TV comes with TWO remotes as a standard. Not only could you have fun duels with your girlfriend / wife deciding which program to watch, but it would also considerably increase the likelyhood of finding at least one remote when you're looking for it (except, of course your girlfriend has hidden both of them on purpose... ;-) ).
Steve
Lifeguard
Lifeguard

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 25, 2002 10:33 am

and then hook outlook express up to your fax machine and you can fax your emails !!!

MOTOROLA TV REMOTE LOCATOR

Postby Michael D. Grissom » Sat Mar 29, 2003 4:39 am

My Motorola TV with SmartSound and SmartPicture also came with built-in remote control locator. When you turn the TV on using the power button on the front of the TV, the remote beeps for about 45 seconds. I'm pretty sure other manufacturers also have the same feature.

I only had to use it five times to learn where all the hiding places were. :-b
Michael D. Grissom
McDiver
McDiver

remote loacator

Postby mtd28student » Sat Aug 30, 2003 3:37 pm

my philips VCR has a remote locator in it. To bad they couldn't make a good remote to put it in. i havn't lost it but it is broken.
mtd28student
Bather
Bather

Postby Michael D. Grissom » Tue Sep 02, 2003 5:17 am

How 'bout a secondary remote control that magnetically affixes to your refridgerator and it's sole purpose is to locate your primary remote control or car keys or whatever? Nevermind,.. I just remembered that Radio Shack has been selling those for years -- small enough to put on a keychain. The only problem the Radio Shack unit has is that the beep frequency centers around the most common frequency loss that older baby boomers have.
Michael D. Grissom
McDiver
McDiver

Postby A_Guy_Outta_Ideas » Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:57 pm

Yeah, the idea of remote control finder has already been taken...I know I've looked http://www.findonefindall.com/
http://www.smarthome.com/3285.html
A_Guy_Outta_Ideas
Dog Paddler
Dog Paddler

Re: Beeper inside the TV remote control

Postby AceLogan » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:53 am

How about a universal remote with a docking bay that plugs into an outlet that recharges the remote (no more batteries) and has a pager/locater feature?
AceLogan
Landlubber
Landlubber

Postby AceLogan » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:28 am

AceLogan
Landlubber
Landlubber

Postby jayh121 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:01 pm

The remote control idea is definitely a great idea, I'd love to know where to get one from.

Landlubber

Postby jayh121 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:41 pm

Any ideas guys?

Landlubber

Postby Braingobbler » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:55 am

haha I like the guys comment about two remotes and having duals with your girlfriend...

But yeah honestly I'm surprised this actually isn't already a thing. Its not hard to have a signal go out from a button on the TV to trigger or set off an alert/beeping on your remote. It seems like the same thing that we have for our car alarms. We push a button and our car makes noise. This is very practical. I don't know how many times i've lost my remote lol.
Braingobbler
Landlubber
Landlubber