The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By dannix
Text condensing for text messaging. I've heard of predictive text for cell phones, this is kinda the reverse. I've often found myself running out of text space and going back and condensing/abreviating words to squeeze a couple more in. This wouldn't be a problem if there were more spaces available for text per message, OR, if there was a text condensing tool on my phone.

Reward: a phone with this service on it!
By MAC DADDY
It is a good idea,but have a think about how many people send texts messges everyday then think about how much money the phone company's are making of this everyday. solid profit they are not going to bring out a version that condensses text messages, because they are to greedy.
B ;-D ut i agree it is a good idea.
By Shogun
I disagree with the "problem" that the phone company would be disincentivised to condense text because of future lost revenue.

Principally this is because the network operator and the hardware company are (usually) separate entities.

Hardware manufacturer therefore incentivised to make its phone as good as possible, indepenmdent of the network supplier.

Gaining a patent on such a text condenser would be valuable.

I actually had this very same idea 6 months ago.

Paramount would be the inclusion of a condenser that can be tailored to the phone users wishes.

So typically in the initial weeks of phone purchase the user could personalise the particular edits of individual words. There could also be low/medium/high edit option so the appropriate condensation could be reached for the partiocular text.

The other reason the the initial reply is false is that in reality individuals would be more predisposed to sending additional texts they may not otherwise have sent had they not been happier at their newfound ability to reduce prior texting costs.

In other words the caller has a newfound psychology of "i'm not spending so much now because of the auto edit so i can afford to send more".

Consumer's false economy is a better way to make money than consumer cautiousness from the phone co's perspective.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]