The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By Steve
Earlier this year, the US have imposed sanctions on Iran and are now blackmailing the rest of the world to follow suit. In particular, private companies are given the choice to either cease business with Iran (small market) or face sanctions by the US (big market) as well.

The EU have said they want to encourage companies to continue doing business with Iran, but with the US applying "divide and conquer" politics and putting pressure on individual companies, that seems little more than lip service.

To solve the problem, the EU would have to set up a European-Iranian Trading Company (EITC). Instead of doing business with Iran directly, companies could simply trade with the EITC (run by the EU), and the EITC would then do the actual trade with Iran. Since the sole purpose of the EITC would be to relay business between the Iran and other businesses, the US could boycott it all they want.

Of course, the US could boycott the EU for running the EITC, but that would be much harder and escalate the issue to a political level (which is where it belongs).
By Shtudy
I have a more simple idea, maybe iran can stop beign terrorist friendly, and stop trying to get their hands in the Bomb....
why to help a nation that wants to destroy their neighbors (i sincerely don't mean that the Iranian people deserve their actual situation)?
By Steve
Your post is based on a number of implicit assumptions. Let's make them explicit:

1. The Iran is trying to get their hands on the bomb.
2. Economic sanctions are a more effective tool to keep Iran's hands off the bomb than an international treaty.
3. If one country believes #1 and #2 to be true, they have the right to blackmail all other countries, including their allies, to do what they say.

While all three assumptions may be debatable, my idea only addresses #3 - i.e. how a country / union of countries can withstand economic blackmail and maintain their independent trade policies. Technically, "Iran should do this and that" does not address that issue - therefore, you are missing my point.
By Shtudy
i agree with #2 and partially with #3, number 1 is a fact, they almost say it everytime.
Did you think that they are developing intercontinental war head capable rockets because they want to send peace doves in they rockets to USA?
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]