The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By RustyStrings
Any electric guitar players? In essence, I think he's along the lines of a 'powered pedal board' idea, just without the effects pedals and the board. As in, rather than have six wall warts to run a wah-wah pedal, an overdrive, a flanger, a pedal tuner, a noise gate, and a reverb, one has one wall wart with six wires leading from it, (many pedalboards use one daisy-chained wire, as most pedals take 9v, and use the same barrel plug for power.)

In his case, one would have one wall-wart transformer/DC unit, with the right cables to run a cell phone charger, a Walkman, an I-pod, or what have you. It would also have different DC voltages, and could be reversed to match polarity by tip. Radio Shack does this for many things with individual wall-warts. IE you walk in and buy a 4.5v for your CD player, and the appropriate tip, and you assemble for correct polarity. To charge a 9v appliance, one must buy another wart. Why not tap off the requisite voltages from the step-down transformer, and run them through individual rectifier/regulator stages, for say, 3v, 4.5v, 9v, and 12v? Make it possible to connect the leads to each source, and make the connection between the lead and the tip reversible for polarity matching? Isn't a computer PS capable of producing multiple DC voltages?
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]