Submissions that have been rejected by the Creativity Pool. - The Docks aren't necessarily the final destination, if a broken idea gets fixed it may travel to a more appropriate category.
By AaronBurns
If you add the right gases to make a Full Spectrum (UVA, UVB) light to a Black light you then have a brighter more reflective and more effective black light.
The trick is to get the light in the right form to have all colors glow instead of just black and have it work with the lights on.
It may have many uses. Those with Seasonal affective disorder could use more of the black light with the Full Spectrum light at night to fall asleep too and it wouldn't be boring to sit in front of it for a full hour, two to three times a day.
You could make a Black light Strobe light out of it too.
I see many uses. We just need some one to build it.
I think it would be used in all the dance clubs.

Reward: Credit
By Steve
What's a black light?
By AaronBurns
A blacklight is a type of neon gas that makes white colors glow.
If it is looked up on google or MSN(The one I use) it will show up.
It is hard to explain and I am no expert on black lights.
My change to it may or may not work but, my change can not be researched because there is no info out there on changing what kind of glowing gassses that are in this neon type light bulb.
You and I can't decide this and there is no way of finding out so, send this idea to the Sci-Fi area and my full light spectrum/full light range camera should be moved from the docks to the Sci-Fi area too.
I am being humble here because I am not a Chemist/Camera manufacturer but, both ideas are futuristic in nature.
I think people would enjoy reading about them and would miss out on them if they stay in the Docks.
Thanks Steve.
Much appreciation.
By Steve
http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/question59.htm

The way I see it, a full spectrum light (=e.g. sunlight, nothing new ;-) ) including invisible UV will work just as well as a black light. It will defeat the purpose though, as you can't really see the effects when the visible light is on. 8-o
By AaronBurns
That was my thought as well.
The light can't make anything glow in real or artificial sun light.
Oh well! :~(
By AaronBurns
What about neon light in full spectrum with a black light additive.
Neon is a much different type of light source and still makes colors glow if you are in the dark.
I think that the end result would be a neon black light with much more strength and no, it will not blind you.
All we would have to do is mess with the chemistry of the neon gasses inside the bulb. We add all the colors together then we add the gas for the black light.
It might be a two-fold black light.
There is two ways to look at it. If it creates visible color in light form such as the other neon colors then adding them all together is a different type of the color black but, it would still glow and create a similar effect as a black light then, you add them together.
Another way too look at it is that if you add all colors of light together they are clear but, that doesn't apply to neon because, they are light sources that create colors of light.
So, the end product is a different (Neon/Full Spectrum) light which could be quit amazing when it is applied in the dark where all black lights are used any way.
A better Black Light. ;-D
By Rishi
What is commonly called black light is actually Ultra Violet light . Mercury vapour lamps are the most common source for this. Certain fluorescent pigments glow with specific colours when illuminated with 'Black Light'. Indiscriminate use of black light can lead to skincancer.

Black light finds legitimate application in sterilizing drinking water, forensic science, geology and gemology. UV light sources of all frequencies are already available, though not for the suggested application.

Rishi
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]