Submissions that have been rejected by the Creativity Pool. - The Docks aren't necessarily the final destination, if a broken idea gets fixed it may travel to a more appropriate category.
By nicholas anthony
It is currently possible for some planes, i.e. Air Force One, to continue in flight and almost never have to land. Why can't we do this with other modes of transportation like trains? We could speed passengers using mini lightweight carts that attach to the main train. Passengers would also get into these carts when then want to get off. This should save passengers lots of time because they would only have to stop at one location instead of all locations up to their destination. This could also save a lot of energy because the main massive train doesn’t have to repeatedly use tons of energy to bring itself to a maximum speed from a stopping position. We could also engineer better trains meant to continually travel. We could use super magnets so the train glides smoothly and any other technology that helps cut costs. I believe these mini carts will save more energy and time in the long run. Using the laws of inertia we should be able to calculate what mini cart would be best to create. They would likely have to ride up on sidetracks, attach, and then release again with passengers who want to get off. Safety devices could be created to minimize any potential loading problems. If we can create mini loading carts that use minimal energy to start and stop, then I believe this idea will work.

Reward: A free pass on this beast. Good Luck!
By Steve
As far as I know, this already works - electrical trains can go endlessly because they don't have to load fuel. The only reason they do stop is to load and unload passengers.
By sneezyalex
That is too complicated.

PS. Post # 100!!!
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]