Submissions that have been rejected by the Creativity Pool. - The Docks aren't necessarily the final destination, if a broken idea gets fixed it may travel to a more appropriate category.
By hotchocoa268
Okay, my invention has to do with car alarms. This is what it does: when you park your car outside, and you go inside (it doesn't matter where you are) you won't know if the car alarm goes off. So it beeps and lights up when it goes off. What should I name it?
Have you heard of it?
How much would you pay for it?
By hotchocoa268
When you go into a building and park your car, you can't hear the alarm if it goes off! So my invention beeps, vibrates, and lights up, when your car alarm is activated...
By 1313
Why not get it to text or call your mobile?
By carcrazy95
Yes i would buy it. I think that you should make it about $20.00. Take this idea to Pep boys, Autozone, any place like that. Ask to speak to the manager and ask what to do about the idea. But first get a patten. So no one can steal this idea. Good luck. ;-D ;-D
By Mice_Elf
There are already alarms that call your mobile / send a text to your pager when the alarm goes off.
By my_2cent
You may not have a cellphone or a pager...but most of the cars come with the car remote key..which would beep/vibrate or whatever..so this idea makes a lot of sense. I'll buy one! ;-D

But on top of that, if you want to activate the car camera when alarm is activated; take a picture and send it in an email to the cellphone, that'd make sense too.
By Rooks
So... about alarms in general... aside from letting you know your car is being vandalized or stolen, why do you need to know? Is it the intension of an alarm that it notify you allowing you to go and confront this person? Confronting them could not only be dangerous to your health but many cars are on public streets and if you severely hurt or killed a person who was not on your property, you’re going to feel the pain of the legal system. :~(

I like the idea of taking a picture of the driver if it is stolen but why not arm the car with cameras from lots of angles taking lots of high-resolution photographs. Make them hidden so they can't disable them all. Then have it sent to the police directly along with your contact info. They can call you and tell you car is damaged or stolen. Combine this with LoJack (GPS tracking System) and you have an effective deterrent. This all skips the middleman and increases the efficiency of the criminal’s arrest (not that the police force in America gives a darn about petty thieves stealing parts off of or out of your car).
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]