The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By Lorithiann
Car-thiefs are not uncommon these days. And the criminals are usually caught only after some time, by then, your stolen stuff is gone for good.

So, to help police in the investigation, we can have a mini spy camera in the car. Sometimes, the cameras can be seen by the thief and he would most likely bash it up to avoid being recorded. Why not have the camera hidden inside something, say... an ornament or a plush toy. The toy's eyes are made of a one-way glass, which will be seen as a mirror outside the toy, and the lens can be placed behind the glass, in the toy to avoid being seen. Then... the thief's on candid camera!

Reward: Free one of these stuff
By Michael D. Grissom
Cameras are so small now that police are using them in car theft sting operations and they haven't once been detected by the thief. There is a popular TV show where these videos of thiefs stealing cars are used.

I imagine some day your stuffed toy (or whatever) will be able to call the police and say "Hi,.. I am stolen property, this is a video of the thief stealing me, and these are my current GPS coordinates (location to within inches)". Won't that be great! ...and all this will occur immediately before the internal explosives detonate.
;-D
By fatstrat
hmm... can we say..."invasion of privacy"??? haha plus if u had camera's in 25 cent pencils that kids steal from Staples or sumthin the pencil would cost $75.00....
It could happen... around 2200 ad. lol
By FlatTop808
How would that be invasion of privacy? Its your car. A thief would have no expectation of privacy. Its no different than a security camera in a store or in your house.
With the size of cameras these days, one could be hidden almost anywhere in the dash and no one would ever know. the problem for the manufacturers is that if they put the camera in the same place in every car, it would be easy to defeat. Instead, publicize the fact that the camera could be in any one of a dozen places. The thief would never know the exact location of the camera in any given car.
By 1313
Even better if the camera had some form of recognition software. The car locks you in until you can prove you are not a thief.
By MPSAtenza
how about a diagonal-directional positioned spycams to snapshot almost all angles. And perhaps the question would be... how does the system tell who is the thief and who is not? and base on what factor/s is start to snap upon confirming its a theif?
By viridian
lovely idea but I'd be a bit twitchy about a system that locked a thief in....chances are I'd cock it up and get myself locked in!
By c_i_a2022
the item at securty cam which is as card as a that is link to a hand phone act like a gps networking
By sarahtia
Or you could just keep it oldschool and lock your car, set your alarm, and hope for the best. ;-)
Personally, I'd rather not have a video camera in my car, watching my every move..
Can you say creepy!
By GadgetmanKen
Well at least with the camera it could take a still of the thief, just in case it is recovered. The thief may not even know his pic was taken. I think as thick as some rear view mirrors are you might be able to stick one of those 1 inch cameras insde it. Or maybe even in the outside rear view mirror. Theres much more room in there. The only problem with that is if you have dark tinted windows. They could also be hidden behind the fins in the air/heater vents. You could get a wireless transmitter one that sends the pic to a recorder in the trunk, dash, or engine compartment. Or if its safisticated enough it could send it via bluetooth to your phone or police station.
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]