The main tank, brimful with ideas. Enjoy them, discuss them, take them. - Of course, this is also the #1 place for new submissions!
By Jim10
A product for an upscale car like a Mercedes or a BMW...would come standard: A thin bottle brush device attached to and extending the length of the wiper armiture. When activated, the brush would move into position resting against the windshield, and would begin to rotate or even agitate. At the same time the armiture would move in a typical sweeping motion and the spray would begin...covering the windshield with soapy water. When not in use, the brush device would be concealed next to the blade in the windshield wiper well. Since bugs have very sticky proteins, just squirting and wiping provides minimal cleanup at best. This new device would provide a more thorough cleaning without having to stop the car, get out and do it yourself manually.

Reward: A free one for my Rolls...
By mtd28student
How often does you windscreen get dirty? From experience, the wipers do a good job at clearing the bugs and dirt away. The weekly scrub from the service station attenent every time i fill up for gas seems do do the trick. I think it is a good idea, but kind of unnecessary.

If anything to make the idea simpler i woud make the wipers with bristles, as well with blades. The bristles do the scrubing and the blades to the wiping.
By Jim10
Mtd...good thoughts...simpler is often times better! Here in Arizona, US, the bugs are mighty sticky and routine wiping-spraying with regular cleenaups at the pump doesn't get it. An alternate solution would be a different liquid spray containing an enzyme or stronger soap. When you activate it...it sprays...followed by the regular soap-water spray that would rinse all bug parts and juices away. This would be particularly good for vehicles taking long hauls...that are on the road for hours a day: eg: trucks, delivery vehicles, mail trucks, etc.
By mtd28student
hi

I recall sometime ago on a tv show they advertised small devices that went on the front of trucks. The devices used the wind rushing by it to create a high pitched noise, a noise that the bugs hate. The bugs repel from he truck or car, and therefore don't hit the windsheild.

As always i think prevention is beter than cure. In this case a device that would cost about 50c ents to make could prevent the need for expensive scrubbers and cleansers.
By Michael D. Grissom
How 'bout biogenetically engineering bugs that hate cars? ;-D
By daryl
There really is a windshield wiper cleaner that fits right on in the place of your cars windshield wiper. When you activate the washer fluid system the water pressure pushes a bladder that pushes a piston and has a scrubber pad on it. The scrubber pad scrubs the stuff off the windshield and then when you release the washer fluid button the scrubber pad retracts to the stored position. AND it really works! It can be seen at scrubwiper.com
OFFSHORE
Finger Wheel Fidget Toy

A three inch wheel with rubber grip on the outside[…]

Makeover of backyard

Nothing to share but I definitely want to see the […]

Sticking Games

No fantasy but real sports. Professional level foo[…]

This must be very useful information. Thank you ve[…]