Invention Ideas Concept Rules for New Inventions Submit New Ideas Visit the Forums Patent Ideas & Other Links Creativity Pool: New Ideas & New Inventions
Popular Searches

Doggie Nail Dissolver

Doggie Nail Dissolver

Postby MirandaSue82 » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:27 am

Clipping our dog's nails is such a pain! He is a big dog, he runs, he fights, and sometimes we're afraid that he'll bite. Taking him to the vet to have the long claws removed can be expensive. Therefore, there needs to be an easier solution to getting rid of our dogs long nails. That's why there needs to be a substance created to brush onto the nail, a substance that will dissolve the nail away. Perhaps the substance can make it incredibly brittle so it will crack off, or make it soft enough it'll just fall off. Either way, such a substance will make our pet's nail care a cinch compared to the fuss that surrounds it now.

Reward: Less claw marks on my skin, appreciation, recognition, and any other rewards others deem necessary
MirandaSue82
Landlubber
Landlubber

Doggie Nail Dissolver

Sponsor

Postby jacobpatrick » Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:13 am

i think nails are made from the same stuff as hair
if you found the active ingredient in hair removing cream and modified it.
that might work
jacobpatrick
Bather
Bather

Postby isabellacantinos » Mon May 21, 2007 8:07 am

I dont think it'll work, heres how I see it:
-the product gets invented, about a week into it and someones dog gets screwed up because they overused it on its claws so now its in the vet, lawsuit, recall of the product, end of story
sorry but it sounds fun, but then theres the whole healt risk factor which is something thats super important nowadays
isabellacantinos
Landlubber
Landlubber

Re: Doggie Nail Dissolver

Postby reality69trip » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:29 pm

You've got a nice idea, and I don't think that there would be a problem with people suing as long as you put a warning on the package. Consider it would be much easier to trim a dog's nails too close and hit the quick than it would be to over-apply your product. However, until your product gets created, you need to find a way to keep your dogs nails short. There is a product called a Dremel, that slowly grinds away the edge of the nail. It isn't too noisy, and most dogs don't find it as 'offensive' as clippers. You still would need to expose it to your dog very gradually so it isn't a bad experience though. Check out this website for a great tutorial- http://homepages.udayton.edu/~merensjp/ ... remel.html

Linda
reality69trip
Landlubber
Landlubber

Re: Doggie Nail Dissolver

Postby Whsprz » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:36 pm

if it could make nails brittle or fall off imagine what it could do to other parts. Also with practice and consistency you can trim nails in the same amount of time as it would painting something on them and also you may have to be carefull not to get any of it anywhere else so it is likely it would take longer. I clip animals nails at a humane society all the time it just takes practice like anything else.
Whsprz
Landlubber
Landlubber